PG Music Home
Posted By: rokq22 Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/21/12 11:21 PM
Been dying to get this and today I finally did. However, after downloading (as I have all the other sets I've purchased) this one isn't working right. Frankly, I have not had a problem with any previous downloads until now.

For starters I can't find the "TexMex2Beat" style listed anywhere. And, yes, I've looked. I have tons of styles but went looking alphabetically and just can't find it. I can, however, find the individual instruments making up the set. Thus I can incorporate the "Bass, Electric, TexMex2Beat Ev 120", the guitars and the accordion into other styles but where is the "TexMex2Beat" style I purchased? The really stressful part comes when I try to incorporate the "TexMex2Beat" drums and I get a missing file message!

Quote:

"C:\bb\DrumsTEXMEX2BEAT\TEXMEX2BEAT_140_STYLE does not exist."

(I can't read ALL of what is in the yellow box as the screen cuts off the end).

Also shown is this:

Quote:

"C:\bb\Drums\TexMex2BeatEV\TexMex2BeatEV_140_Style.T file has error: Wave File doesn't exist in same folder as txt file or in another folder.
C:\\bb\Drums\TEXMEX2BEAT\TEXMEX2BEAT_140_STYLE.W"

(Again, I can't read everything in the box as the screen cuts off the ends).

I don't know what to do. Perhaps the file was corrupted on download? I've tried installing it twice.

Help...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/21/12 11:35 PM
Hi rokq,

You need to contact PG Music about this. They'll help you out. My experience is that PG Music's help is unparalleled. They fully stand behind all their products.

You'll find a number of ways to contact them listed under the "Support" link at the very top of this web page. If it was me, I'd try the toll-free number.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. When the problem is solved, could you please give an outline what the issue was so that if it arises again, we might be able to help others.
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/21/12 11:37 PM
Thanks. Actually, I just came back to delete this as I had forgotten about Tech Support. I'll call Monday.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/21/12 11:38 PM
Don't delete the post as it will remind others about Tech Support, too
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/23/12 03:40 PM
I spoke with Tech Support and they sent me a link to the download again. I kinda figured it COULD simply be that something happened to the first download. (Actually I HOPE that's all it was!!) I'll find out in a moment.

Damn, still doesn't work. Called TS back.

Well, it's a lead tech issue now as the problem couldn't be resolved. The file that is said to be "missing' is clearly THERE it's just that BIAB can't find it. (I can play the Drum WMA file so it IS in the bb folder even though BIAB says it's "missing")

Have to wait for another tech.

What sucks is that I just got back from vacation and have been really looking forward to getting this set for weeks.

Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/23/12 06:05 PM
Hello,

We've sent you a PM with a file that should fix the problem. You should be able to find the following RealStyles:
_BLUG2BT.STY
_TMex2Bt.STY
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Problem with TexMex Set #119 - 04/24/12 05:00 PM
Quote:

Hello,

We've sent you a PM with a file that should fix the problem. You should be able to find the following RealStyles:
_BLUG2BT.STY
_TMex2Bt.STY

EXCELLENT!! IT NOW WORKS!!

THANKS!!
© PG Music Forums