PG Music Home
Posted By: MartinD18 Pro songwriters using BAB? - 04/23/12 05:23 PM
Hi,

As a songwriter I've been thinking of trying out BAB for demos. To reduce cost and the need for studio time beyond my own personal one. Are there any pros out there using BAB for this purpose. Do any of you that are using this product feel that it's flexible enough for this purpose. Meaning, I know that the "real band" stuff sounds pretty good. Are you able to move fills or overdub when needed? Another words, can I get professional enough result for song pitching with this product?

Scott
Posted By: seeker Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? - 04/23/12 06:27 PM
Scott.

There are a lot of professional musicians and sound engineers on
these sites.
Also many outstanding folks putting out professional quality music.
This link will give you some ideas on the quality of the music
capabilities with the PG music products.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=usershowcase&page=0

Some number of these posts indicate how the songs are created.

Many of these songs with blow you away.

Keep in mind you can use the BIAB system for 30 days free tryouts.

Good luck!
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? - 04/23/12 09:37 PM
Scott, Without a doubt BIAB & Real Band will be ideal for your purpose.I've used BIAB with Sonar to produce demos at home, that other musicians thought were studio produced....and I'm no expert! But there are lots of real experts on this Forum, so the sky is the limit for you! Good luck! Joe G.
Posted By: tnicoson Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? - 04/23/12 10:11 PM
Scott

Out of the box, the MIDI part of BiaB is geared toward the GM/GS voice set, as that was their original target market, but you will find that most (all ?) of these single element, polyphony and memory saving voices just will not cut it in a pro environment. I still run my BiaB into an old Roland SC-88 GS sound module for quick throw-together demos, but for pro quality sound, you will need to be prepared to provide high quality VST's, external sound modules/samplers, or synths along with the necessary BiaB patch maps to access their voices. Real Drums and Real Tracks are a different story, however. I think many (most / all ?) or them are pro quality right out of the box. As far as Biab, itself, for music composition, it would be hard to beat.

Regards,

Ted
Posted By: MartinD18 Re: Pro songwriters using BAB? - 04/24/12 04:31 PM
Thank you for the inspiring and informative info.

Ted, I won't have to use external synths, I can just find VST's I like and add them to BIAB...correct? Thus, I could take any of the tracks generated (GM sounds) and just swap them for a better VST sound?

Am I thinking correctly on this?

Scott
© PG Music Forums