PG Music Home
Posted By: av84fun BIAB for MAC - 07/19/12 05:27 PM
I may well buy a new laptop soon and am considering a MAC...for the first time.

I know this is the Windows forum but I will post the same question on the MAC side too.

Basically,regardless of whether you like Windows or MAC for OTHER applications...what would be your first choice in terms of functionality for running BIAB...the Windows or Mac version?

I can't imagine that BIAB would work any better or worse on either platform but there are LOTS of things I can't imagine...so I wanted to ask people unlike me, who actually know what they're talking about. (-:

Thanks!

Jim
Posted By: MikeK Re: BIAB for MAC - 07/19/12 05:30 PM
The PC/Windows BIAB version always seems to be a couple of rungs higher on the evolutionary step ladder than the MAC version. So ... depends on how "hungry" you are for the latest and greatest

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: BIAB for MAC - 07/20/12 03:26 PM
Biab/PC has always been much better than BiaB/Mac - you might want to re-think your decision.

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com
Posted By: Mac Re: BIAB for MAC - 07/20/12 09:56 PM
You can get the best of both worlds by running the BBWin Band in a Box program for windows on the Mac.

Parallels or an equivalent windows os simulator is all you also need.

Quite a few users do it that way.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums