PG Music Home
Posted By: RobbMiller Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/05/12 08:58 PM
I just installed a new interface, a Saffire Pro40, and am having difficulty getting BIAB to output to the device. I have the Pro40 selected as both input and output in the Midi/Audio setup dialog. The "Driver Wizard" does not show the device but does list 3 ports for my BCF2000.

The new interface works correctly in both Sonar and Guitar Pro.

Anyone else using this interface? Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Mac Re: Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/05/12 11:05 PM
The Saffire is ASIO only.

Did you go thru Options->MIDI/Audio->Audio Settings and then use the dropdown to select ASIO?

Also note the "Audio Drivers" button just below that dropdown, hit it and there's another window where you must select the Audio ASIO Inputs and Outputs. You have plenty available in that Pro40, but remember that BiaB can only handle one stereo pair input and one output.

Also, with most ASIO drivers, I have found it necessary to check the "ASIO Always On" button with BiaB, but you should experiment with that one to see which way works best.

Good Luck,

--Mac
Posted By: RobbMiller Re: Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/05/12 11:42 PM
Yep, I have it set to ASIO. No MIDI out though. Using BIAB with my internal card's MME still allows me to use the MIDI input driver from the Saffire. Either way, no MIDI out no matter the audio driver.
Posted By: Mac Re: Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/06/12 02:21 PM
Audio driver has nothing to do with MIDI input/output, they are two separate entities.

Are you trying to use a separate *hardware* MIDI synth?

--Mac
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/06/12 03:41 PM
http://global.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/saffire-pro-40/specifications

I am not the expert MAC is but I think it does have MIDI in and out

I have a Saffire Liquid 56 and this has MIDI ins and outs. The spec on the link above also cites MIDI."

•2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out "

When I tried to use mine initially it did not work until a new update for the driver was supplied.

Have you updated the driver?
Posted By: Mac Re: Saffire Pro40 MIDI Setup - 08/06/12 07:42 PM
I'm always saying that using the drivers/software from the CD that ships in the box is not the thing to do, or if you do that, to immediately head on over to the mfr's Support webpage, locate any newer issued softwares and drivers for your OS, download and install them.

Who knows when that CD was burned and put into the box?

Updates and fixes are almost always the case with things like this.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums