PG Music Home
Posted By: tomixornot Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/04/12 03:28 PM
Hi,

I've searched some previous postings, but mostly is about replacing midi drums with real drums. BIAB is also helpful to suggest a replacement.

But, I'm looking just the reverse. I'm creating a backing track for a portable keyboard for midi playback, and found that the ^SLOWSOUL (smooth jazz - soulful) is quite suitable. All the instruments in this style is MIDI except the drums. (Yellow is MIDI and green is real track right ?)

Thanks!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/04/12 03:41 PM
That's correct about the colors.

You could go to the choose RealDrum dialog and select No RealDrums - Song Override at the top. Then you can pick a MIDI drum pattern.

If what you want is the MIDI equivalent of the RealDrum, press the MID button and create a MIDI file, which will include a MIDI drum track. Whether that is the identical playing to the RealDrum, I don't know because I'm not a drummer, but it sounds the same to me.
Posted By: tomixornot Re: Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/04/12 04:03 PM
Thanks Matt,

The midi drums reappeared and it's good.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/04/12 04:07 PM
You can force midi drums for all songs, or just the one on the screen.

That's from memory, but I may be wrong. Unless my wife is around and then I am.
Posted By: tomixornot Re: Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/04/12 04:13 PM
Hi John,

That is right, while checking out the Real Drums picker dialog, there is also a preference setup under it to enable / disable Real Drums.

I liked the Real Drums, just that for some of the midi files I'm doing now, I shall turn it off temporarily.
Posted By: jford Re: Replace real drums with midi drums - 09/06/12 06:32 PM
Also, note that disabling the RealDrums to use MIDI drums does not give you the same drum patterns as the RealDrums. It will merely use whatever MIDI drums were used in the original style. So don't expect it to sound the same.
© PG Music Forums