PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 03:45 PM
is it my imagination, or is the opening page to the web site saying that BIAB 2013 is here???

(dang, where did I put my WOO-HOO-O-METER? I can never find it when I really need it! )
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 03:46 PM
ah, there it is!!

WOO-HOO-O-METER
WOO______/_HOO!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 03:48 PM
Oh, yes, it's here. Some great new stuff, including behind-the-scenes changes. They must be busy now updating various forum pages and will shortly get to this one.
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 03:59 PM
OH boy, $139 bucks and I am fully up todate. My yearly present to myself.

Lots of new stuff, including:
A new Song Form feature allows you to define sections of a song (A, B, C etc.), and then rearrange the song by simply typing the form you want (e.g. AABABAACA). You can revisit this dialog, to re-order the sections. Or change a chord in the “A” section, and propagate the changes through all of the “A” sections

And have you see this.

RealTracks Set 176 - R&B Horn Section Listen
The most anticipated RealTracks event is finally here, R&B Horns! For the first time ever, PG Music is proud to present a horn section RealTracks style. And this style is incredibly versatile, with RealStyles that pair it with JazzFunk, Soul, BluesRock, and even Country rhythm sections! The section is comprised of baritone sax, tenor sax & trumpet, and you have the option of playing them as a group, or even using them as individual background styles. You'll be blown away by RealTracks Set 176 - R&B Horn Section!

WOO-HOO-O-METER
WOO_______HOO! ......../

off the scale
Posted By: seeker Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 05:19 PM
++++Ditto on Dan's comments.

My upgrades are on their way!

Thanks Pat

BTW, Truly think this is the first time I've purchased something
that I didn't really know what was in it. Seriously.
No we don't have much money, but PG folks are so great
didn't hesitate.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 06:05 PM
Quote:

++++Ditto on Dan's comments.

My upgrades are on their way!

Thanks Pat

BTW, Truly think this is the first time I've purchased something
that I didn't really know what was in it. Seriously.
No we don't have much money, but PG folks are so great
didn't hesitate.

I think it's kinda fun to go ahead and get it without knowing, then say "ooh ahh" every time I discover a new treat. Much like Christmas morning as a kid, only the parent's version. <-hey, this sentence has no verb! (yet you understood what I meant!)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 06:07 PM
I love my BIAB. Would not give it up for anything. And PGMusic is unsurpassed when it comes to support and attention to their customers.

But it seems that those of us who were first time buyers with 2012.5 kind of "got the short end of the stick". While there was a lot of talk on the forum at the time about expecting "special pricing", none ever materialized for the 2012.5 release. It was the full $469. I will buy the upgrade. No question. If I had waited, I could have had the same thing for a full 279 less.

I have NO REGRET about buying BIAB, but, boy, did I chose the wrong time to buy!

Just saying....
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 06:49 PM
I couldn't afford it, but I took the plunge anyway. I haven't upgraded since 2009.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 07:20 PM
I have just pulled the trigger as well!!!

Busy listening to some of the demos now.

Seems quite a few of MY songs will get an overhaul now ....

Cannot WAIT to hear/try the country tenor sax seeing my favour instrument.

Now I must just sit back and wait for the delivery, (and games with the revenue service to collect their cut as well (as if they had any hand in it , jeez)
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 07:57 PM
Listening now but torturing myself. The price took me out of the market two years ago. Peter gave me my last two versions. It would be too much to expect again.
Posted By: Sundance Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 08:14 PM
WOW! Can't wait to hear the new RT's. I'm still on 2012 so there are lots of goodies I haven't tried yet. It's amazing really, every year I think how can it get any better and it always does!

Bob, going from 2009 you are really going to have some fun!

I have another post on the subject of win 8 in OT, but does anyone know if 2013 works with win 8?
Posted By: MarioD Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 08:45 PM
After last year’s intro of Super Midi Tracks I thought that I wouldn’t need any new RTs. Well they did it to me again by adding RTs that I just have to have!
So the complete upgrade has just been ordered.

PS – that A-B-C Song Form looks like something that I’ll use a lot.

PPS-Does anyone know if a full written manual will be available for 2013? I have a lot of the update manuals but I would like to have everything to date in one manual.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 08:49 PM
Josie, yeah, now maybe we'll coax Bob to pick again. The demos on v2013 are fabulous coupled with the fact that we can follow the audio RTs in the notation window view as well as the fretboard and piano keyboard display.

So true, Bob will blow his argyles off with all the improvements since v2009.

I was hoping for the ability to watch Brent Mason on the fretboard. Way koo!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 08:55 PM
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/01/12 11:12 PM
Quote:

I love my BIAB. Would not give it up for anything. And PGMusic is unsurpassed when it comes to support and attention to their customers.

But it seems that those of us who were first time buyers with 2012.5 kind of "got the short end of the stick". While there was a lot of talk on the forum at the time about expecting "special pricing", none ever materialized for the 2012.5 release. It was the full $469. I will buy the upgrade. No question. If I had waited, I could have had the same thing for a full 279 less.

I have NO REGRET about buying BIAB, but, boy, did I chose the wrong time to buy!

Just saying....

Yeah, I'm VERY disappointed by this. I was first time buyer in Sept at $469 and then less than 3 months later new purchasers can get 2013 for $140 less than I paid for 2012.5 plus if I wanna get 2013 I have to pony up at least another $99? Very unfair! I like the software but this is going to leave a lasting bad taste in my mouth!
Posted By: MarioD Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 12:14 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Just saying....

Yeah, I'm VERY disappointed by this. I was first time buyer in Sept at $469 and then less than 3 months later new purchasers can get 2013 for $140 less than I paid for 2012.5 plus if I wanna get 2013 I have to pony up at least another $99? Very unfair! I like the software but this is going to leave a lasting bad taste in my mouth!

Contact them and maybe you can work out a deal.
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 12:25 AM
JJJ
I honestly feel for you and don't what to sound like a smart ass, but did no one on the forum tell you about the end of year sales that occur every year? While we love the product we don't work for the company. This fact is often mentioned to new folks who stop in and ask.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 01:48 AM
Quote:

I couldn't afford it, but I took the plunge anyway. I haven't upgraded since 2009.

2009, wow Bob! Didn't that version run on kerosene? Ducking, running, bobing and weaving!

Later,
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 02:31 AM
Quote:

JJJ
I honestly feel for you and don't what to sound like a smart ass, but did no one on the forum tell you about the end of year sales that occur every year? While we love the product we don't work for the company. This fact is often mentioned to new folks who stop in and ask.

As Floyd mentioned earlier, everyone on the forum kept saying there would be a special for 1st timers with 2012.5 but when that never materialized I just went ahead and paid full price. And don't get me wrong, I love the software. I just think it is very unfair that I will have to pay so much more for 2013 than a first-timer. I would certainly have waited if I'd known I'd be paying hundreds more for the 3 months I've had the software!!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 02:35 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just saying....

Contact them and maybe you can work out a deal.

Thanks Mario. I might give that a try. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I can't (won't) justify upgrading.
Posted By: Mac Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 03:02 AM
By all means try contacting pgmusic sales directly on this subject, JohnJohnJohn.

I do not work for pgmusic, just love music and love this program and one of the reasons I love this program is that the folks at pgmusic are just plain good and honest people.

If they can help you, they will.

Try talking directly to pgmusic sales using the tollfree hotline if you can.

--Mac
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 05:31 AM
John John John, Every one has to pay the big bucks up front to use BIAB. I did and so did everyone else. I will gladly pay the $99.00 charge for an upgrade. Those musicans do not come cheap. Think about what you are being charged for. P.G. Music is being fair with you, IMHO. Welcome to the forumn. Leon
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 06:44 AM
Quote:

John John John, Every one has to pay the big bucks up front to use BIAB. I did and so did everyone else. I will gladly pay the $99.00 charge for an upgrade. Those musicans do not come cheap. Think about what you are being charged for. P.G. Music is being fair with you, IMHO. Welcome to the forumn. Leon

Yeah Leon, I get that you have to pay big bucks up front. I just did that on Sept 8! And I disagree that it is fair to charge me $239 extra because I got the program less than 3 months ago! Would have gladly waited a couple of months to have the latest version and save $239! Instead, if I upgrade I'll have paid close to twice what new purchasers will pay for 2013!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 01:54 PM
Quote:

Yeah Leon, I get that you have to pay big bucks up front. I just did that on Sept 8! And I disagree that it is fair to charge me $239 extra because I got the program less than 3 months ago!

FAIR?? taxation isn't fair, because the government decides how much you give them, and you have no choice in the matter. But in the free enterprise system, nobody can take your money without your consent. Those who think a deal is not fair have the power to refuse the deal. But once you agree to the deal, crying "not fair" is... well, not fair. When you see somebody trying to renegotiate a deal after money has changed hands, it usually indicates that the person failed to research some aspect of the sale. In this case, it was the sale pricing, and timely availability. But none of that is guaranteed.

Quote:

I Would have gladly waited a couple of months to have the latest version and save $239! Instead,

I look at software as a perishable commodity, like food. I buy food to sustain me through a certain period, then I buy more food. I have bought BIAB and then bought it again 6 months later without ever using it once in that period. It would have been more cost effective to buy it only when I had time to play with it... but I assume the risk of spending too much in order to have it available when I do have time.

Quote:

if I upgrade I'll have paid close to twice what new purchasers will pay for 2013!

using that logic, long term users who have upgraded for years and basically end up with the latest version each time could say they've paid 30 times as much as you to be at version 2013.

Ultimately you have the same choice as any of us: since each version offers everything from previous versions, the only thing you miss by waiting for the next upgrade is play time with the newest features. Buying twice per year and ending up with the same package as the guy who bought once is less cost effective... but its a LOT more fun.

Fun costs money.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 02:03 PM
Quote:

PPS-Does anyone know if a full written manual will be available for 2013? I have a lot of the update manuals but I would like to have everything to date in one manual.

Check with Sales. If you ask at the time of sale, if the manual is available they will send it with your new version of BIAB with no additional shipping charge. The 2012.5 book was $10.
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 08:43 PM
John John John, This is how I figure cost per usage not to mention fun I have the everything pak. I keep current, and this is how it works out for me. 2012 to 2012.5 cost is $99.00. 2012.5 to 2013 cost is $99.00. That is $198.00 per year. Now 2012 to 2013 cost is $159.00. A difference of $40.00 per year. It is a no brainer. I did the same as you for the 2010 version. The only difference is that this year they have worked over time to get it to customers 12/1 instead near XMAS. I thank them for that. Leon
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 09:38 PM
Quote:

FAIR?? taxation isn't fair, because the government decides how much you give them, and you have no choice in the matter. But in the free enterprise system, nobody can take your money without your consent. Those who think a deal is not fair have the power to refuse the deal. But once you agree to the deal, crying "not fair" is... well, not fair. When you see somebody trying to renegotiate a deal after money has changed hands, it usually indicates that the person failed to research some aspect of the sale. In this case, it was the sale pricing, and timely availability. But none of that is guaranteed.

I didn't agree to the deal because it is not fair! I have NOT upgraded.

Quote:

I look at software as a perishable commodity, like food. I buy food to sustain me through a certain period, then I buy more food. I have bought BIAB and then bought it again 6 months later without ever using it once in that period. It would have been more cost effective to buy it only when I had time to play with it... but I assume the risk of spending too much in order to have it available when I do have time.

As do I, but $239 for less than 3 months is way too much in my opinion!

Quote:

using that logic, long term users who have upgraded for years and basically end up with the latest version each time could say they've paid 30 times as much as you to be at version 2013.

Nope! If you've used it for years you have received the benefit of it for years. Less than 3 months is a bit of a different in my opinion.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 09:53 PM
Quote:

John John John, This is how I figure cost per usage not to mention fun I have the everything pak. I keep current, and this is how it works out for me. 2012 to 2012.5 cost is $99.00. 2012.5 to 2013 cost is $99.00. That is $198.00 per year. Now 2012 to 2013 cost is $159.00. A difference of $40.00 per year. It is a no brainer. I did the same as you for the 2010 version. The only difference is that this year they have worked over time to get it to customers 12/1 instead near XMAS. I thank them for that. Leon

Leon, Your numbers make sense and I had already figured I'd spend about that per year to keep current. But I am very disappointed that a customer who paid full price less than 3 months ago would 1) not receive any discount yet now there is a large discount offered and 2) I would be expected to pay again!

Net effect is a customer who buys in September and upgrades Dec 1 pays $568 while a customer who buys on Dec 1 pays $329.

And of course I understand businesses can charge anything they want and I have the choice to accept or reject their offer. In this case I am very disappointed and will probably reject the offer. And as I said before that leaves me with a less than positive impression of the whole experience!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 10:21 PM
I don't wanna be the wet dishrag on the excitement of the new version! Just so I'm clear,

1) I LOVE the software. It is truly amazing.

2) If you do not own it you should RUN DON'T WALK to buy it right away as the current discounted price is a VERY GOOD deal. You will LOVE it and you'll never beat this deal.

3) I just wish they had seen fit to share some of the discount goodness with recent purchasers but I understand how business works and they can charge whatever they want and offer discounts to whoever they choose to. I get it (but remain very disappointed!)
Posted By: MarioD Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 10:55 PM
JohnJohnJohn did you contact PGMusic about your issue?

If not I would suggest that you do it immediately.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 11:02 PM
Quote:

By all means try contacting pgmusic sales directly on this subject, JohnJohnJohn.

I do not work for pgmusic, just love music and love this program and one of the reasons I love this program is that the folks at pgmusic are just plain good and honest people.

If they can help you, they will.

Try talking directly to pgmusic sales using the tollfree hotline if you can.

--Mac

How did the talk with PG Music sales go . . . Just wondering or did I miss an earlier update regarding this issue?

Later,
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 11:11 PM
JohnJohnJohn, you began asking pre-sale questions about BIAB in June. We patiently answered them. Then there were more questions, and more answers. Then the upgrade to 2012.5 was released in early August, followed by more questions, and more answers. Then you purchased the program. One of the strong points about this program is that is regularly updated. You saw one of those updates before you made your purchase.

Nevertheless, have you contacted PG Music Sales to discuss your case, as has been recommended here?
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 11:27 PM
Quote:

JohnJohnJohn, you began asking pre-sale questions about BIAB in June. We patiently answered them. Then there were more questions, and more answers. Then the upgrade to 2012.5 was released in early August, followed by more questions, and more answers. Then you purchased the program. One of the strong points about this program is that is regularly updated. You saw one of those updates before you made your purchase.

Matt, thanks for the history. Not sure what your point is. Should I apologize for asking too many questions?
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/02/12 11:40 PM
I was surprised that there was no "first purchase" discount during the 2012.5 introduction -- but maybe there never is during the mid-year cycle. John^3 is right to be upset about the timing of his full price purchase only 3 months ago and PG Music is still a great company. It is just one of those unfortunate things that happen. It doesn't reflect badly on PGM for most of us, but it is still painful for any new "September" customer.
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2013 here already???? - 12/03/12 03:09 AM
John John John, The nomal interval for version changes is appx. 6 months. However,this 2012.5 update was some what late,leaving some to wonder if it would be skipped completly. I had all but given up when it was released. You purchased after that and a dec.1 2013 version has you feeling cheated. Hang in,pay the $99.00 like every one else and keep up the good work you are capable of. It will not happen again,unless you let it .------Leon
© PG Music Forums