PG Music Home
Posted By: Matti Roland VSC will not install - 12/03/12 05:53 PM
I have a new PC with Win 7. I installed BIAB (version 2008, I am going to update soon). Roland VSC dxi version did not istall. The error message is "String NOSUPPORT_OS was not found is string table". I guess it has something to do with 63 bit system. What should I do? Will BIAB version 2013 solve this?

Matti
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Roland VSC will not install - 12/03/12 06:03 PM
No. The Roland VSC is no longer used. There is the Coyote Forte DXi that is available that will run with the Windows 7 systems and with BIAB. You can find it here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/coyotefortedxi.htm

There are also two Roland hardware pieces that PG Music is selling on clearance, and would be a good investment.

http://www.pgmusic.com/hardware.clearance.htm

There are also other Free solutions, just by searing for DXi synth and looking for a GM compatible multi-timbral synth. If you can find a way to get the Roland TTS-1 synth, which is included with Cakewalk's Music Creator (for $1 less than the Forte DXi), it's a very good software synth.

http://www.pgmusic.com/musiccreator.htm

Gary
Posted By: Matti Re: Roland VSC will not install - 12/03/12 06:19 PM
OK. Thanks.

I have some old version of Coyote Forte. I think that it came with some old BIAB version for free. I should have it on some old installation CD. Do you think that if I install the old version I can update it for free?

Matti
Posted By: jford Re: Roland VSC will not install - 12/03/12 06:27 PM
BIAB ships with the Coyote WT (which is different than the Coyote Forte DXi). The Coyote WT works fine as a DXi in Windows 7 64-bit, but it is just a DXi wrapper for the MIDI sounds that ship with Windows. It works, but is not very good sounding.

The Coyote Forte DXi also works fine in Windows 7 64-bit. If you previously purchased it ($40) and received your license code, you can re-install it on Windows 7 and just enter the same license code on your new computer. If you did not purchase it, you can install it and it will work for a month (I think), and then you need to either buy it or uninstall it, as it will stop working for you.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Roland VSC will not install - 12/03/12 06:31 PM
Good answers above. Some clarification, since you asked if version 2013 would 'cure' this:

The Roland VSC will not work in Windows 7 64-bit (or, presumably, Windows 8 64-bit) regardless of the BIAB version. It's a 64-bit versus 32-bit thing.

BIAB now comes with a different version of Coyote, called Coyote Wavetable (not Coyote Forte). Coyote Wavetable is free, and is provided precisely because the free Roland VSC would not work in 64-bit.

Coyote Wavetable is not as good sounding as Coyote Forte.

I don't know the answer about upgrading Coyote Forte, but your existing copy should work as-is. Try it. And, it was never free that I know of; it always cost something modest like $40.

EDIT: John said the same thing while I was typing (slowly). Good.
© PG Music Forums