PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Sampletank question - 01/19/13 06:02 AM
Is there or can you use Sampletank like coyote, where you don't have to enter each instrument on each track. In other words auto load for the midi files........Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Sampletank question - 01/19/13 06:57 AM
Hi Critter,

If you purchase Omnisynth pro from iZotope, it's possible to run Sampletank as a general midi synth like Coyote (kind of). That being said, though, it's necessary to set Sampletank up every time you start BIAB to make it work. In this regard, it's not like Coyote WT because Coyote is set and forget.

HERE'S A LINK to a post that explains how to set up Sampletank with Omnisynth so that it can be used as general midi.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: musiclover Re: Sampletank question - 01/19/13 01:43 PM
Was definitely a deal to get Omnsymth for $10 as its now back up to $39, though Ikmultimedia are doing it for $23.

musiclover
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Sampletank question - 01/19/13 03:35 PM
I got Omnisynth, and I am happy that I did. But I would not say that it works "like Coyote."

The various instruments are good quality and quite usable, but they are not balanced. When I open a MIDI file with Omnisynth, some voices are too loud and some to soft. I still have to tweak each one to get a good balance.

So if I am auditioning a bunch of MIDI files and I need the default voices to appear at balanced volumes by default, I still use Coyote. Maybe when I find a particular one this I like enough to edit will I switch over to Omnisynth.

I would still recommend Omnisynth. It is certainly worth the price.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Sampletank question - 01/19/13 10:25 PM
There is another general midi synth that I use as well, though no longer available to buy.

Native instruments Bandstand, works qutie well in biab, though sometimes a little while to load and the odd crash.

Glad I have it though.

musiclover
© PG Music Forums