PG Music Home
Very recently, probably after the last update, I have noticed a new occurrence whereby if you hover on a note (or just pass the curser over the note) in the notation screen, you get a yellow box showing the note properties: Example

Note E5
Channel: 1
Velocity: 90
Time 2: 1: 0
Duration 1.0

It is of course the same information than you get when you right click the note and then select 'Edit Note'. I have got to tell you that it is very annoying because it is to the right of the note and stops you entering the next note with the mouse. Sometimes you have to wait a long time for it to disappear. In fact I don't even know what function makes it go away. If it is supposed to be a new feature, I can tell you that it definitely is not. It is a real annoyance in quickly entering notes with the mouse.

I probably did not notice it before because it is a couple of weeks since I entered any new songs.

Is there a setting to make it go away?
Graham,

I'm not at BIAB right now but have you looked under the Notation Mode "Opt" button to see if this can be disabled?

I use notation mode a great deal and I haven't see this occur. I haven't yet installed update 366, though.

Noel
Graham,

Try this...

Menu --> Options -->Preferences --> Notation --> More, un-check "Show Popup Hint for Note Properties."

Hope that helps,
Ed
Aha. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you so much Ed.

Is that a new popup hint or just one that I have not noticed before?
It was there in 2011 also.

Maybe the update just sets it for some reason?
Or it is set in Opt., Return to Factory Settings?
Or maybe I just set it by mistake. I am always changing the various options around. Not that I think I would have known what that setting even means. I did change the number of ledger lines recently - maybe then. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
© PG Music Forums