PG Music Home
When I resize a BIAB Window and move it to the top of the screen, I loose these adjustements
when I close the program.
I would like to keep them for a next BIAB opening.
Where is the secret ?
No secret, this is Not doable...
If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions. I am using Windows XP, so it might not work the same in newer versions of Windows.
Well I do believe Blake is correct. I just tried ajusting a couple BIAB windows under minimized "not maximized" settings and then exited and reopened and sure enuff - it did keep the settings - Win 7.

I stand corrected.
It also works on Windows 7 - 64 bit. It's a little strange, though: the program opens maximized and then the window quickly resizes itself, in a quick blur.
Not only does it restore to its last size, but if you leave it on a secondary monitor when shutting down, it will reappear there again when it restarts. Those features were a welcome addition.
Quote:

If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions. I am using Windows XP, so it might not work the same in newer versions of Windows.

! What is this mystical "Restore-down mode" you speak of, sir? I tried several variants on the "NOT-maximized" idea using Windows 7, but BIAB always reopened with the same maximized screen. I guess it doesn't work with Win7.

Bob aka jazzwombat "the perpetually perplexed"
Several prior folks reported it does work in Win 7?
I don't know what to say except that I described how it works on my Windows 7 system. I wonder if there is a Windows setting that controls this? Mine does open maximized, but then it restores the prior window size.
Hey Matt. Please explain the steps you take to get restoration of the window size. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Thanks and best wishes.
Quote:

I don't know what to say except that I described how it works on my Windows 7 system. ... Mine does open maximized, but then it restores the prior window size.

Exactly same here.
One way that I was able to make BIAB always start in the same position in Windows (10), was to use an external software program that forces a window location to be remembered. A search engine can find programs or registry edits that will do this.

I tried unsuccessfully for years to do this within BIAB, as well as trying to use program shortcut properties in Windows. As someone else in this post suggested, there is probably a registry hack that will do this.

The program that I accidentally discovered for saving the BIAB window size and position was CamStudio v. 2.7.2 (free). This program records AVI video of portions of the screen, where it is desirable to have the same portion of the screen within the recording window.

Steps to make the BIAB window position return to the same place.

1. Start BIAB and resize the window where you like it.

2. Start CamStudio and click Region > Fixed Region, then drag a window around the BIAB window (it seems that the lower-left corner may be one of the corners that is used to remember the position).

3. Step 2 might be all that is needed, but I use a 3rd step, which is to make a recording of the BIAB region that will confirm the BIAB position. Click the orange star if necessary in CamStudio to set the recording mode to AVI mode. Then click the record button in CamStudio, and then confirm the window position before the recording begins. You do this by dragging the marquee that comes up to the same region identified in step 2. You can stop the recording and it will ask to save it. I saved it to a dummy temporary file name.

4. Close CamStudio. Close BIAB. Next time you open BIAB, even without CamStudio, the last position will be remembered. From this point on, the BIAB window position is independent of CamStudio, since BIAB comes back to the last position, not the one set with CamStudio.

Anyway that was my experience. Maybe the internal BIAB movie mode can also force this setting, but I haven't tried that.
I have a similar issue but related to the impossibility of my BiaB to open in my secondary monitor. I will take on this thread instead of open new one.
Takin into consideration what Blake establishes "
If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions".
I did that but did not work, each new session BiaB refuses to open on the secondary monitor, just BiaB can't remember and it always open on primary monitor.
There is some guidance or procedure I should know?
Thanks.
After testing the CamStudio procedure on another laptop, I was unable to duplicate starting BIAB in Windowed mode. Now I have one computer starting BIAB in windowed mode and one that always starts maximized and won't remember the last setting. Sorry I spoke too soon.

But at least it shows that it is possible for BIAB to remember it's last window size. Some setting other setting must have changed besides what CamStudio does.

Also, note that the shortcut properties don't affect the window state of BIAB whether they are changed from Normal to Minimized or Maximized.

Also, BIAB briefly flashes into fullscreen mode before going into its window.
© PG Music Forums