PG Music Home
Posted By: joden BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/07/13 06:17 PM
Can anyone advise how to stop BIAB opening to full screen? I would prefer it to be "windowed"...even if I window it while open, upon restart it always reverts to full screen, almost like it is "hard-wired" to do so.

Thanks
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/08/13 12:27 PM
joden:

I recently had a "live chat" with BIAB Support on this subject. I was trying to do the same thing, that is, have BIAB open to a particular window configuration.

They advised that BIAB could not do that at this time. I have added it to the Wish List.

If you would like to see this feature implemented, you may want to visit that Forum and add a "+1".

LLOYD S
Posted By: joden Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/08/13 06:05 PM
Thanks Lloyd.
Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/10/13 05:52 AM
Tiny can of worms.
I just happened to quit BIAB with Window bout 3/4 size.

After Matt so quickly answered my question, restarted BIAB
Popped up full screen the resized back to 3/4 size automatically.
Very similar to how windows normally do.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/10/13 01:00 PM
I can confirm that what seeker says works for me (2013 -366 on Windows XP). That is, it works when you just close down BIAB, then open BIAB.

However, I believe that when joden was talking about keeping the screen setup configuration after a "restart", he meant after a full shut down.

In that case, the opening BIAB screen reverts to full-size.

Anyone else with a different BIAB version or different O/S get a different result?

LLOYD S
Posted By: joden Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 06/10/13 06:24 PM
Yes that is the same here, it is after a system shutdown - you know , between gigs. I know it's only minor but when using a touch screen with the laptop in tablet mode, trying to touch the tiny window resize tab is a bit tough - means having to then unfold the laptop use the qwerty keys, or plugging in a mouse just to do this one thing.

I have a custom stand I built to accommodate the laptop (with cables attached) and an iPad so once it is set up - Look I guess I could re-size the window by starting up the latop on battery first before mounting it to the stand, but imho, why should I? When most windows programs DO remember a screen sizing in the .ini files they create.

Again, not a biggie, but one of those things that would be useful if implemented.
Posted By: barrywear Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 02/04/19 09:47 PM
Hi I was wanting biab to open in full window
I found that if I opened in biab the DAW window then maximized it then exit biab then restart. biab would start in full window
Posted By: kansas Re: BIAB always opens to full screen? - 03/19/20 06:06 PM
I have band in a box 2020 and noticed mine was starting to open in full screen mode (which I don't like). I found out when you click on the 'window' tab to uncheck fullscreen view, make sure 'plugin mode for daw' is not checked. if it is, uncheck it. Now when you close/exit band in a box and reopen it, it should not open in fullscreen mode.
© PG Music Forums