PG Music Home
I thought I had this sorted yesterday - loaded a song set up the VSTi I wanted for the Thru part, saved it as SAVE + (or save special). No probs. Did a couple of songs with different VSTi's and saved the same way.

Just to test I re-opened the songs in random order, the VSTi's loaded correctly. Perfect....BUT

Today I just started up the PC do some more, and all the VSTi settings for the saved songs are now gone!

Seems it only remembers a VSTi save in THAT session of BIAB...or there is a bug in the OS. If it only works while in the current session that is a bit useless. I cannot believe the creators meant for one to have to manually re-set/load VSTi's for songs each time BIAB and the PC is started up...

Anyone have any ideas on this, and/or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
joden,

I having been doing the VST-i parts for sometime. Have quite a few instances
of Softsynth's being used within the song. Getting used to them is foreign at
first, but now piece of cake.

Plugin's for FX being set using the BIAB mixer, works just fine also.

Mistake I've commonly made learning was to "assume" the VSTi's were going
to reconize a midi channel. Most will not do this. You must click on each
part, Bass, Piano, Guitar, Melody, etc. for assigning the VSTi or the plugin.

Not piles of help here, but am verifying it works very dependably. In fact
me and VSTi's got a thing going.....LOL

Good Luck!
Thanks Seeker.

I am using BIAB exclusively with Real Tracks and Drums, ie no midi parts. A drum part, bass part and guitar part only - or alternatively on a lot of songs just bass and drums. It was the VSTi I was setting up using the Thru part for my live playing I was talking about.

My error? Did not have the tiny little box that says Route Midi Thru to midi driver checked. The tip that opens when hovering the mouse was a bit ambiguous and it was only when I delved into the manual on that section did it become clear that it MUST be checked for the VSTi to be saved with the song. If unchecked, it does not get saved, and BIAB loads the default Coyote patch to the Thru part instead.

Dennis
Dennis,

10-4, glad you got the problem resolved.

Good Luck!
Actually there is one thing I would like to ask Frank, as you are experienced in using VSTi's with BIAB..

Is there a way to "hold" a VSTi in memory when loading a new song? There are many tunes that I would be using the same instrument for, and if there was a way to do this it could save time in setting it all up in not having to load the VSTi each time prior to saving the song.

Dennis
Dennis,

Think the loading would override/initialize the setups.
Not definitive answer tho. SampleTank does have some kind
of setup to do this, but have not done it.

Not for gigging, but think you can change style with same
VSTi's and chords.
© PG Music Forums