PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack 3/4 & 4/4 song with 3/4 count-in - 07/05/13 02:12 PM
I have prepared an arrangement of a song that has both 3/4 and 4/4 bars.

It uses the "_B140_BD.STY. Latin Brazilian Bossa" style. It starts in 3/4. I know it has to use a 4/4 style and I need to set the first bar to 3/4 with F5. The arrangement was OK but the count-in was always in 4/4 (1, 3, 1-2-3-4) which was distracting. I got used to it but nevertheless there had to be a better way.

I followed Support FAQ #18 and created a neat 6 beat rim-shot count-in (1-2-3 2-2-3), which works great. I obviously don't want BIAB to do the count-in, and Point 6 of FAQ#18 states : "Go to Opt. | Preferences | Count-in/Met. and disable the audible lead-in.". Done.

But... Now I don't get a count-in for all the other songs. It seems that "Options > Pref > Count In" is a Global setting, not local to each song.

How can I disable count-in only for this song, but still have normal count in for all other songs?

Also, a style change from "_B140_BD.STY. Latin Brazilian Bossa" to any of the waltz styles doesn't fit with the feel of the song. I tried several, it's like changing bands, So I'm stuck with using the same style throughout.

It seems to me that it would be a whole lot more practical if BIAB just produced the count-in using the same time signature as the first bar of the song. That's what actually happens in the real world. Is this something for the wish-list?

Many thanks.

Posted By: jford Re: 3/4 & 4/4 song with 3/4 count-in - 07/05/13 03:06 PM
I would go to the wish list and ask that count-in be determined on a song-by-song basis, not as a global setting.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 3/4 & 4/4 song with 3/4 count-in - 07/06/13 01:59 AM
Thanks John, will definitely do this.
Regards
Trevor
© PG Music Forums