PG Music Home
Posted By: LtKojak Help for making backing track - 07/31/13 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hyLyVAZQE

Robben Ford made this beautiful song, which I've already transcribed the chords to make a suitable backing track for it.

However, I don't seem to find a suitable style for it. Looks like I'll be forced to create one, something I've never tried before and I don't have the faintest idea of the process required. I own the BIAB 2013 Ultra Plus Pack, if this may help somehow.

Can somebody help me with this here? A visual guide on style creation and/or the name/s to suited styles to this particular song are more than welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Yours very truly,
Posted By: Mac Re: Help for making backing track - 07/31/13 09:15 PM
There should be some styles provided by pgmusic that work for this song, EVen feel, simple bass, add realtracks organ.

Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment, am away from my copy of BB, but I personally wouldn't see a need for writing my own style to cover this rather simple tune. Sometimes folks don't realize the cross-genre thing too well when searching for styles that may work with a certain target song, I've got a feeling that taking an audition session with the chord changes, Tempo set accordingly, LOOP checked so the song repeats continuously, open the Stylepicker window, then check the "Play on Doubleclick" command at bottom to True, you can go thru possible styles rather quickly without leaving the Stylepicker window. Find one style that fits, then use the Filter by Feel and Tempo to find all others as well.

--Mac
Posted By: seeker Re: Help for making backing track - 07/31/13 10:46 PM
Lt.

The title is the style....Pretty similar no FX outta the box.
http://www.mp3cloud.mobi/=MIST_GB%20Demo.mp3 =MIST_GB

BTW, the YT song is very nice music
Posted By: Mike Laatz Re: Help for making backing track - 08/03/13 09:19 AM
Mac's suggestion is a good one, and I use that method often. To speed up the process, instead of generating the whole song, I open a new song file, and put in the chords to the first 4 or 8 bars, with only one chorus.

This saves lots of time when searching for a style.
Posted By: jphillips Re: Help for making backing track - 08/05/13 05:19 AM
Mac:

Thanks a million times for the suggestion of looping a song and then using the "open on double-click" feature in the style picker.

I don't know how long that feature has been around, but I've been using BIAB since the Atari days and I never done that - but now it will be my go-to method.

It's interesting how a person can get so used to using a program in one particular way and sometimes have blinders on for other work flows. That was definitely me here, so I thank you again for the big light bulb over my head.

John
© PG Music Forums