PG Music Home
Hi All,
I am exploring the new functionality and having a few probs.

1. I created a song. Then cut/pasted/moved around 8 bar sections here and there to test the flow. Total 96 bars.
When playing this, in 2 given 8 bar sections later in the flow, it plays chords from an earlier 8 bar section. Not the ones I have in the chord sheet. Why? I have redone this many times with no success.

2. Another issue is that instead of playing the chord shown ...specifically in bar 4 of 8 bars, it is playing a different chord (again not what's on the chord sheet). Almost like a stepping chord to go to the chord in bar 5. How do I stop that from happening?

Thanks.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64 and 32 bit 8 gb ram BIAB 2012.5
If you are looking for a quick answer:
1) Use the return to factory setting to fix any glitches in the BIAB engine.
2) If that don't work, upload the file so others can actually see/hear what is going on.

Otherwise, this could go on for days....
Hi thailoneus,

Have you double checked to see that none of the tracks are frozen? If they are, simply unfreeze and re-generate.

Regards,
Noel
As a long-time BB user, many times I still hit the Play button rather the GenPlay to generate any changes.

Percy
Hi Guys,
Jazzmandan, returned to factory settings. On playing after that, had real scratchy sounds when moving the mouse in the toolbar area. Restarted my notebook. The scratchy sounds went away. But the chord issues still remained. (Writing all this for any future members having this issue). What are the impacts of returning to factory settings?

Noel, you beauty. Yes Unfroze and regened. Works perfectly now thanks.
If you could explain a bit more please. I think I am misunderstanding the Freeze tracks function. e.g in this case I made a User style. So wanted any changes to it and the song made by me, not BIAB. But changes I made to the song somehow resulted in the Subject issue.

thanks to all....and I will be back with more q's. With supportive people like this, how can anyone lose! smile
Hi thailoneus.

The "Freeze" does it exactly what the name says. It preserves the track exactly as it was generated and does not allow any changes to be made to it. Because of this, "Freeze" overrides everything (regeneration, chord changes, etc.).

I often freeze a track when one of the (re)generations creates a track that sounds particularly good.

Hope this helps give some insight,
Noel
Thanks Noel. I will keep that in mind.
Percy, What is the Genplay button? I don't see it. Is it a 2013 feature? I am on 2012.5.
I think it was simply called "Play" on 2012.5. It's the big green arrow that gets the song going.

Thanks Noel. That's what I thought.
Thailoneus....good for you for experimenting! Some slugs like me have been BIAB users for a decade or more and yet haven't scratched the surface of what this brilliant software can do.

(-:

Jim
© PG Music Forums