PG Music Home
Posted By: Russ123 Start of audio track - 08/11/13 03:25 AM
How do you adjust the starting point of an audio track after you've imported it into a song?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Start of audio track - 08/11/13 06:15 AM
Hi Russ,

Welcome to the forums smile

Click on "Audio" (#1) on the top menu; select "Edit Audio" (#2) and now choose "Timeshift audio (ms)". The 'ms' means that the shift is in milliseconds (1/1000 of a second): for example, 500 ms = half a second.

This should do what you're after.
Noel
Posted By: thailoneus Re: Start of audio track - 08/11/13 09:30 AM
Noel,
How do u take/attach these pics that you send back in replies? It is so effective.
Just in case I want send a pic with my questions.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Start of audio track - 08/11/13 10:30 AM
Hi thailoneus,

There are a couple of ways. The easiest is to ...

1. Click on the "Reply" button at the bottom of the post.

2. Now click on "File Manager". It's located beneath the window used to type in text.

3. When you are in the "File Manager", use "Browse" (#1) to navigate to an image on your computer's hard-drive. When you've selected it and have returned to the "File Manager" window, simply click "Add File" (#2) and then "Done Adding Files" (#3).

That should get it happening for you!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rharv Re: Start of audio track - 08/11/13 06:46 PM
Quote:
Click on "Audio" (#1) on the top menu; select "Edit Audio" (#2) and now choose "Timeshift audio (ms)". The 'ms' means that the shift is in milliseconds (1/1000 of a second): for example, 500 ms = half a second.

But how many ticks is that example 500 MS for the Tempo I'm working with?

MusiCalc to the rescue!
Posted By: Russ123 Re: Start of audio track - 08/12/13 01:47 AM
Thanks Noel, that worked perfect.
Posted By: Russ123 Re: Start of audio track - 08/12/13 09:02 PM
Near as I can tell BIAB uses 120 ticks per quarter note and since there doesn't seem to be a way to use anything other than a quarter note for a beat then:

ms/beat = 60,000/bpm

ms/tick = (ms/beat) / 120

So for 4/4 time at 100 bpm that would be 600 ms/beat and 5 ms/tick. I hope that's correct.

Russ
Posted By: rharv Re: Start of audio track - 08/12/13 11:13 PM
Your math looks good. But he asked for 500ms .. and it's the bpm variable that the calculator is handy for. Plus it does */4 and */8 time signature calculations for you. Not just 4/4.

I made that Calculator a while back, so I took the opportunity to share it with others. Seemed it might be related to the thread, and I felt that Noel had your original question answered already.
Posted By: Russ123 Re: Start of audio track - 08/13/13 12:17 AM
Oh, that's what you were referring to. I'm afraid I didn't initially notice the link to your calculator program. That's a handy tool, too bad it isn't integrated into BIAB. I'm not certain if it supports plugins or not.

Russ
Posted By: rharv Re: Start of audio track - 08/13/13 11:45 PM
Thanks. It's free as is, if PG wants to integrate it, it'll be twice that price.
© PG Music Forums