PG Music Home
Posted By: multitracker BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 03:23 AM
So I installed this and played with it for a while on a Nexus 7. It is nice for developing quick ideas while not being tethered to the computer. I can see some great possibilities for it.

But in looking at the video showing how the BIAB IOS app works, it seems the Android version is missing a whole lot of functionality in comparison. For instance, swiping over to additional screens and functions, adjusting to a new tempo while a song is playing, switching out one guitar/drums/keyboard part out for an alternative, access to the mixer for adjusting the various track volumes and pans, conductor capabilities for jamming, etc etc, all functions that should be available in both. I'm disappointed and hope that, given the large and growing Android base of users out there, that there will be more serious development of the Android app. Any thoughts?

Terry
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 11:45 AM
What android version are you referring to? There's no android of BIAB that I know of. If you're referring to iRealb, there's no connection to BIAB. Ray
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 12:31 PM
I just looked in the Android Play Store.... and waaa laaa... there is a Band in a Box app. It costs $1.00 and is 2.5MB in size.

No doubt many of the functions in the computer version would be curtailed in the droid version to make it fit on a phone's memory card.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 12:41 PM
That app is to access your BIAB over the internet. Some of us here have used it with success, I've had too many problems with it. I think Matt, has had success with it. Later, Ray
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 01:47 PM
So..... that means the computer with BB needs to be online.....?

I intentionally keep my DAW "Offline" so it doesn't have a chance to pick up the junk that most computers pick up.....

As a result, it runs as pristine today as it did the day I finished building it.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB Android App - 09/06/13 03:33 PM
Yes, your computer needs to be on if you use the BIAB app away from home. Later, Ray

The app may be handy to practice with if your PC and music room are separated. Ray
© PG Music Forums