PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby pop ups on forum - 11/21/13 03:29 PM
I have noticed I am getting all kinds of textual links within posts on the forum. When the mouse passes over them it creates a popup and many times takes you the new link. Is this something added to the forum or something I have picked up on my computer? Sure is aggravating and I would like to get rid of it.

An example is now in my signature. "dual Monitors" has a link to something. Korg Legacy also has link
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: pop ups on forum - 11/21/13 03:34 PM
I'm not seeing that, so I think it's a setting on your PC, not the forum. What browser do you use?
Posted By: Mac Re: pop ups on forum - 11/21/13 03:56 PM
I'm not seeing that here either.

Do a malware sweep on your pc. Antivirus scan, Antimalware bytes, Ccleaner, etc.

--Mac
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: pop ups on forum - 11/21/13 04:07 PM
I think some "assist" software, for people with disabilities, can cause that also?
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: pop ups on forum - 11/21/13 05:26 PM
Hello Earl,

I think you're noticing the "preview" feature, which you can turn off within the My Stuff | Edit Preferences menu. You would just select "No" from the "Show preview (tooltip) when hovering over a topic" option.

If you're getting popups to sites that aren't pgmusic.com, please let us know.

(edit - just re-read)
If there are popups over words within a post, I don't believe that is a forum preference.

Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: pop ups on forum - 11/22/13 12:35 AM
"If there are popups over words within a post, I don't believe that is a forum preference."

If you see popups over certain phrases only, try scanning with
'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' (after updating it if you already have it).
Then do it again in Safe Mode..
Sounds like you may have an issue on that system.
'Preview' does not happen with specific text in a signature .. as Callie mentioned.
© PG Music Forums