PG Music Home
Posted By: Vortex Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 06:03 PM
Hi,

I want the EverythingPAK but cannot afford the latest one.

I am in the UK and found this on Amazon:

amazon.co.uk

(The above link is not an affiliate link. As far as I know it is not anyone else's affiliate link).

The thing I am most concerned with is the price. It seems cheap, but I don't mind if it isn't really the 2013 version. I just need as many styles/instruments as possible. As the release date says 2010, I am inclined to think it is really from 2010, and not to take any notice of the pic of the box.

I notice ebay sellers are always listing the wrong pics for software, then argue that it never said "2013" for example, in the description. And this doesn't either - only in the pic.

So, as I can find no way of contacting the seller (Amazon won't reply), do you guys think it will be the real EverythingPAK for that price?

thanks a lot

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 06:13 PM
Definitely looks like old stock to me, and they're probably just trying to move it.

False advertising in my opinion. The package image clearly shows a 2013 date, and the description states: "Release Date: 17 Sep 2010"

I think you can purchase the latest Everything Pack new for about 350 pounds or as an upgrade for less than 250 pounds

Remember that a new version may just be around the corner (somewhere)...

I think the later versions a streets ahead of the 2010 release, and in my opinion you also would not want to start with the 2010 Band In A box, RealBand etc and then possibly find a need to upgrade pretty quickly

This is what you get in the 2013 release:

Attached picture 27-Nov-13 05-11-49 AM.jpg
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 06:19 PM
Thanks Videotrack,

But I am broke, so even to afford £144, people will have to have fruit for christmas presents!!

But sure, I will definintely get an upgrade at a later date.
Posted By: seeker Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 06:28 PM
If you already own BIAB version, when PG Music releases the new
version the upgrade prices will be very good. Hold your breath
for a few more weeks.
I'm making a wild guess late next week.
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 06:54 PM
Thanks Seeker,

I don't own any version. I'm a total newbie.

So that means it doesn't matter if I buy this now or not?

Or are you saying this old Amazon version will be cheaper too, once the newer upgrade is out?

thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 07:20 PM
I think he might be saying there is no difference in the price of what you would buy from Amazon, because it's a very old version from a private seller, but that when a new version for 2014 probably comes out, there are typically the best deals of the year for purchase or upgrade.

If you indeed do get version 2010, you will soon want to upgrade as we have come light years since then. I suggest you call PG Music sales and ask how much of a discount, if any, you would get upgrading from 2010 versus buying the expected 2014 outright. It may be something, or they may say that version is too old to be worth any credit. Factor that into your decision to not buy from the company.

ps Just looking at that picture, I can tell you this is not version 2013 for sale. The hard drives PG Music used looked like that several years ago.

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 07:35 PM
Vortex,

Do you live in the UK? If so, I believe that anything you buy overseas will subject to import duties and taxes, too.

Also, what does UK 144 pounds equate to in US dollars?

Noel
Posted By: Mac Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/26/13 08:03 PM
I don't think that Import Duties would apply as the link is to Amazon UK.

144 British Pounds is equal to 233.5073 US Dollars. Today. heh.

--Mac
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 12:55 AM
Thanks a lot guys
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 01:34 PM
Shoot them an email asking for the details on the exact version you are getting for that price. Something 4 years old isn't worth that price IMHO.

Also check on EBAY to see who may be selling an older version because they just upgraded.
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 05:34 PM
I would not recommend this purchase.

There is a huge difference between v2010 and v 2013. Also the new versions usually come out right around Xmas, so v2014 may be right around the corner.

Call PGMusic and ask. They will give you several choices. It may be that buying a lesser version now will put you in a position to get an upgrade, in a few months, at a low price. PG are well know for offering good value for the money, and they will be honest about discounts that may be coming up soon.

Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 05:40 PM
Check out this package for US129:

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.pluspak.htm
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 05:55 PM
I'm also not sure about the license. I have a bunch of those old hard drives with BIAB on them. I don't think I can sell them individually without giving up my license to use the software. You don't want to buy something off the Internet and then find out you cannot get the upgrade price a registered user gets. You should call PG Music to be sure. Or buy from only them, or an authorized retailer.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/27/13 06:30 PM
Hard to say anything when you buy from a third party seller.

However I'm not sure whether this from the PG upgrades page applies to you, not even sure about it myself.

Where it says,
"Upgrade from 2011 or earlier or crossgrade"

Does this mean that you could buy the basic package from them now, and then go straight to the ultrapak plus which has virtually everything.

if so (and I'm really not sure about this, maybe others could clear it up) if it was possible you could probably at end of day end up with latest version with all realtracks and drums for little over £200 when sale time comes around?

Musiclover
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 12:21 AM
Thanks guys,

I asked on the live support chat, and the guy was pretty useless.

He does not have 2014 prices, and he kept giving me US prices for 2013 stuff.

I told him I would have to pay at least $150 in import tax, which would make it not worth buying from the US.

And the only two official retailers in the UK are really expensive for all packages. I doubt they will have discounts on 2014 pak. They seems to be extortionate: http://www.etcetera.co.uk/products/PGM040.shtml

PGmusic sell 2013 EverythingPAK for $569 (£349) but Et Cetera are selling it for £450 (so they are adding the import tax on themselves, even though they don't have to pay it! - That's robbery!)

I still don't know what to do, but that makes me more inclined to wait til 2014 is released, just to see what options I have then.

thanks
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 02:20 AM
I live in the UK. If you decide to get the hard disk you will be asked to pay 20% tax and a fee of about £10, plus postage to the post office for 'handling' (rip off more like). If you download the whole package then there is no VAT applied and no handling. It takes a while as its about sixty gigs (in about a dozen or so files) but it can be done - cos I do this smile
Zero
Posted By: musiclover Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 09:39 AM
Originally Posted By: ZeroZero
I live in the UK. If you decide to get the hard disk you will be asked to pay 20% tax and a fee of about £10, plus postage to the post office for 'handling' (rip off more like). If you download the whole package then there is no VAT applied and no handling. It takes a while as its about sixty gigs (in about a dozen or so files) but it can be done - cos I do this smile
Zero

Same here Zero, live in N Ireland.

I got a few hard drives think I paid £13 and £23 for each occasion.

I think its a lot more now maybe £30-40 in total.

Download is the way to go especially as I have fibre to the cabinet now.

Musiclover
Hi Everyone,

Just to clear a few things up:

When it comes to selling your old version because you upgraded to the newest version: Upgrade pricing is based on the fact that you already own the program. By selling your old copy, you are selling your original license - this makes you ineligible for upgrade pricing. You can keep your old version(s) on hand for back-up purposes (or to reminisce years later... smile )

If you purchase a used version, make sure to get the seller to contact us to transfer the license to you. This will register you as an existing user, entitling you to future upgrade pricing and unlimited technical support.
It does look like the drive on Amazon is a 2012 or earlier version.

We usually offer special pricing when we release a new version. The fellow you spoke to on chat was unable to offer information on Version 2014 pricing because it hasn't been released. Keep checking out the forums and website for any notifications of new versions and special pricing. You could also sign up for our newsletter: http://www.pgmusic.com/newsletter.htm
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 06:29 PM
Thank you Callie. That confirms my prior post. People, use caution if you're not buying directly from PG Music.
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 09:06 PM
Thanks Callie, I will keep checking out the updates.

And thanks ZeroZero and MusicLover - I did not know you could download the whole thing. I looked for it, but oculd only find info on hard drives. I downloaded Cakewalk Sonar and that was huge too.

Downloads would definitely be the best option!
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 09:15 PM
Hi ZeroZero,

On this page it says for the 2013 EverythingPAK it is a hard drive AND a download:
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Where do I go to get the whole thing as a download?

Or were you referring to a different version?

thanks
Posted By: musiclover Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/28/13 10:03 PM
Its a pretty tough call on this whether to download the whole lot for a first timer. You probably will have to download up to 60gb or more and you have to take into consideration the ISP you have,the broadband speed you download at, whether its a capped service (like BT at 40GB on a lot of packages, extra GB you have to pay for)

If you do have a good download speed and uncapped then I'd say go for it, install a download manager so that you won't loose any downloads half way through, should something go amiss.

Might be better to have a good think about it, even get the hard drive the first time, then for any upgrades just download them, should be less than 15GB if you upgrade once a year.

Hope this helps,

Musiclover
Hi Vortex - when you click on the purchase button for any of the UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK packages, a pop-up appears. This pop-up allows you to choose either the hard drive or download option.
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/29/13 11:48 PM
Thanks a lot Callie and MusicLover,

No I have not ever downloaded anything that big before.

Not sure if it's possible on my ISP.

I will probably end up doing as MusicLover says and getting the hard drive (meaning I will have to pay the extortionate UK price), then download the upgrades.

I just have another question on chords that I need to clear up, so I will ask that in another thread.

thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/29/13 11:59 PM
Houston, we are a go for chord questions!
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/30/13 12:06 AM
lol thanks!

in other thread "Chord Recognition Issues"
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/30/13 01:01 AM
You have two answers already, mine and Noel's.

This is a great program, more fun than you should be allowed to have.
Posted By: Mac Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/30/13 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Vortex

I will probably end up doing as MusicLover says and getting the hard drive (meaning I will have to pay the extortionate UK price), then download the upgrades.

You have another option available.

Ask for them to ship the program to you on DVD installer disks.

I don't think your government takes any extra money for that.

When the DVDs arrive, you can choose to install on an internal hard drive in your computer, or on your own USB drive.

--Mac
Posted By: seeker Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/30/13 02:41 AM
Vortex,

Just a needle in a book stack, but do you folks have
the hi speed net in Libraries.
This one time type thing
would take the download volume off your back.

And you are in for a real treat as Matt and other mentioned.
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 11/30/13 11:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Mac
Originally Posted By: Vortex

You have another option available.

Ask for them to ship the program to you on DVD installer disks.

I don't think your government takes any extra money for that.

When the DVDs arrive, you can choose to install on an internal hard drive in your computer, or on your own USB drive.

--Mac

I didn't know that!

Thanks I will ask PG Music if they can do that for me!

Originally Posted By: seeker
Vortex,

Just a needle in a book stack, but do you folks have
the hi speed net in Libraries.
This one time type thing
would take the download volume off your back.

And you are in for a real treat as Matt and other mentioned.

Yes we do, but we are only allowed to book time in 30 minute slots. It is rare that you can hog a machione for several hours, which I think it would take for the EverythingPak - even with the 100mbps service.

It might be worth enquiring though, thanks.
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 12/01/13 03:02 PM
Now that 2014 is released, what happened to the "special new release discount" I heard so much about?

It's no cheaper!
Posted By: Mac Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 12/01/13 03:09 PM
I think the upgrades are the discounts, and always have been that way.

But for any serious sales questions you may have, I do recommend contacting PGMusic Sales directly, get the full skinny from the source and not from forum posts.

--Mac
Posted By: Vortex Re: Is this EverythingPAK for real? - 12/01/13 11:24 PM
OK thanks Mac
© PG Music Forums