PG Music Home
Posted By: rokq22 Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/06/13 11:20 PM
When I click on the FILE menu then click on "OPEN" only 8 finished songs, all of which have the extension of .SGU, showed in the "bb open file dialog" box . This has happened before but I was eventually able to finally get all the BB files by clicking on "FILE" then going down to some finished songs that were listed at the bottom of the drop down menu and then clicking on one. After it loaded I would then, again, click on "FILE" then "OPEN" and then ALL my BB files would show. BUT NOT NOW! And I've tried many times. And every different way I know of. How do I get the BB files to appear?? crazy

P.S. Actually I was JUST able to finally get them. What I did was click on the "101 Riffs" files and after it loaded I did the above again, "FILE" then "OPEN" and the BB files appeared. Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that I even messed with the different files in the "files of type" drop down menu (or whatever it's called.) Scared the s*** out of me.
Posted By: Wallyg Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/06/13 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: rokq22
When I click on the FILE menu then click on "OPEN" only 8 finished songs, all of which have the extension of .SGU, show. This has happened before but I was eventually able to finally get all the BB files by clicking on "FILE" then going down to some finished songs that were listed at the bottom of the drop down menu and then clicking on one. After it loaded I would then, again, click on "FILE" then "OPEN" and then ALL my BB files would show. BUT NOT NOW! And I've tried many times. And every different way I know of. How do I get the BB files to appear?? crazy

Can you use the search function to look for .SGU files on your computer? Look in your trash bin to see if they decided to move by themselves?

Wally G
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/06/13 11:31 PM
Hi rokq,

It sounds like your songs are kept in a different folder than the one that's opening when you use 'FILE | OPEN'.

If I were you, I'd use Windows 'search' function to find where a particular song is located. For example, say that I know I've written a song called "On The Road", I'd search for that title and find the location.

Once the location is know, using 'FILE | OPEN' it will then be possible to navigate to the correct folder and, theoretically, you other songs are probably there too.

Hope this helps,
Noel

EDIT: I see Wally replied while I was typing! His suggestion will also work. When looking for SGU songs, you'll also get all the demo songs in the \bb folder. It would certainly be easy enough to ignore those.
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/06/13 11:35 PM
I had a PS to my original posting.

I don't get it. Because NOW (and I just exited BIAB then started it again) when I do the FILE/OPEN they all appear!!! But I'm not doing ANYTHING differently when they didn't!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/06/13 11:50 PM
Hi again, rokq,

So help avoid this problem in future, what I'd do is ...

1. Click on 'FILE | OPEN'

2. When the 'Open' dialogue box appears, click on the dropdown arrow at the top (#1). This gives the path of where the song is located (#2).

In my example, a song I wrote called "Jamaican Moon" is found on "Drive E" under a folder called "Songs BIAB" and the subfolder "Jamaican Moon".

Now that I know the path, I'd make a note of it in case I need to find it again.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Mac Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/07/13 01:10 AM
Originally Posted By: rokq22
I had a PS to my original posting.

I don't get it. Because NOW (and I just exited BIAB then started it again) when I do the FILE/OPEN they all appear!!! But I'm not doing ANYTHING differently when they didn't!

BB stays with the last folder opened.

So if you found all the songfiles in that last session, it would open the same folder again and again until such time as you had it switch folders again.

Versions older than the brand new 2014, "Open" always opens a Windows Explorer window. Take a look at the various commands to navigate to other folders across the top of that window, you can hit an up arrow to close that folder and view the folder contents of the folder the closed folder is in, etc.

In the new 2014 version, the "Open" button is configurable, a pop menu has the list of choices available.

--Mac
Posted By: rokq22 Re: Where'd all the BB files go? - 12/09/13 11:39 PM
Thanks!!
© PG Music Forums