PG Music Home
Posted By: raintalk Still disappointed in midi timing to VST's - 12/09/13 12:40 AM
2014 great stuff!
I saw the thread on no 64bit support but I'm in a different category.
Midi tempo, bar numbers, etc. just don't get sent down the VST/VSTi from BIAB

Can't sync LFO's, arps, echo rates sync to tempo, change things based on bar number, etc.

Still wouldn't be able to do this even if BIAB supported 64bit VST/VSTi

Midi is still #1 for me.
smile
Are you talking about latency? Where the synths are playing behind the audio with a delay?

If so, you are probably using a factory sound card with MME as the driver. The best fix to this is to get a dedicated USB interface and run ASIO drivers. Unfortunately, most factory cards don't work well with ASIO, but ASIO is designed to be a musical driver and will run a musical interface perfectly.
I haven’t received my 2014 version yet so I don’t know if this has changed or not but previous versions of BiaB and RB could not lock timing to VSTs or VSTis. You would have to use another DAW if you want to use that feature. I use Sonar.

I do hear you loud and clear. I am a Midiot also!
Aw come on Mario don't put yourself down that way (starts flame war between midiots, and audiojerks)

@00 years later the war has ravaged the planet, and refugees are seeking ayslum in the stars.

Yeah i know waaay too much syfi channel!
I've seen that movie. Hundreds of years in the future, only MIDI survived.
Originally Posted By: Robh
Yeah i know waaay too much syfi channel!

syfi test - in what series did was the term "frill" used a lot?
Farscape.

Bob
Posted By: Mac Re: Still disappointed in midi timing to VST's - 12/09/13 09:21 PM
So it did was be farscape?
I pronounce it "M-one-D-one"

Long long ago there was R2D2 smile
Sorry we took your thread quite far afield. Glad you see the humor in it.
Posted By: Mac Re: Still disappointed in midi timing to VST's - 12/10/13 02:46 AM
Hey, watchit.

I got a Poimit ta hijack threads.
Cause we got the smarts reeaal goood!
© PG Music Forums