PG Music Home
I'd love these please ..... and also for the Violin and cello.

smile
Sorry .... meant to put this in Wishlist.
I just got a message that shots holds and rests are being worked on will be released soon. Soon, like in a day or two.
Originally Posted By: flatfoot
I just got a message that shots holds and rests are being worked on will be released soon. Soon, like in a day or two.

Can someone please explain what is going on here?
I have BIAB 2011 and I have shots, holds and rests.
Does it only work for certain instruments?
@flatfoot .... That's great news.

@BIABguy .... As I understand it. You will have Shots, Holds and Rests for your version of BB.

Obviously, newer versions of BB have more Styles, Real Tracks and so on. Therefore, you wouldn't have Shots, Holds and Rests for those Styles, Real Tracks etc. that you do not have.
Originally Posted By: malevans

Obviously, newer versions of BB have more Styles, Real Tracks and so on. Therefore, you wouldn't have Shots, Holds and Rests for those Styles, Real Tracks etc. that you do not have.

I understand newer versions having more Styles Real Tracks etc.

But aren't Shots, Holds and Rests a function that can be applied to ANY Styles/Real Tracks.

Just as when you hit the Play and Stop buttons, they can be applied to any song?
Originally Posted By: BIABguy

But aren't Shots, Holds and Rests a function that can be applied to ANY Styles/Real Tracks.

That is the case with MIDI Styles and MIDI tracks, but with RealInstruments, there would have to be extra bars of the live musician playing Shots and Holds inside each RealTrack raw file.

That would take up an inordinate amount of disk space with duplicates.

So instead, PG has a single folder in the RealTracks folder that contains the Shot and Hold recordings for each player who has made RealTracks.

That way, if the player also has several or more RealTrack files where the player played the exact same instrument, the Shots and Holds need only be stored in one place on disk.

When you invoke either a Shot or a Hold for a RealTrack, the program gets directed to the matching Shots and Holds file in that one folder and grabs 'em as needed from there.

Quote:
Just as when you hit the Play and Stop buttons, they can be applied to any song?

Yes for MIDI, No for RealTracks.

You get newer RealTracks, you also get matching Shots and Holds for them.

When a New Release comes out, it has historically been the case that Shots and Holds are still being recorded and processed, so that is just another good reason to keep checking the Updates page daily for new Update releases, at least through the New Year, keep your Band in a Box program up to date.

--Mac
Thanks for the detailed reply Mac! smile
© PG Music Forums