PG Music Home
Posted By: rokq22 How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/09/13 11:44 PM
I know I will probably have to do something with the F5 command but I'm clueless yet again. crazy

Okay, say the song ends with last beat on the first new bar. What I want are 3 chords ("cha-cha-cha"), quickly, right after the last chord. How to do that?
Could you add two bars on at twice the original tempo. Then in these faster bars place on beats 1 then 3 & 4 and finish with beat 1 of second bar. I think that would work.
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
Could you add two bars on at twice the original tempo. Then in these faster bars place on beats 1 then 3 & 4 and finish with beat 1 of second bar. I think that would work.

Might work, but not on those beats, I would describe the "chachacha" typical ending as hittin' on Twp, And & Three.

X///|//XX|X///| at twice the tempo via Bar Settings, Shots via Chord Settings.

Try also turning those chords into full Shots as well.

--Mac
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 12:07 AM
I tried this with a style called 'bachat2' and it worked pretty well.

Create a test song 8 bars long.

In bar 7 use F5 to enter a tempo double the regular one. Each quarter note will sound like an eighth.

Enter "C..,C.." for the first half of bar 7. Note the comma.

Enter 'C...' as the only chord in bar 8

Sounded OK with this style. Might sound really badly with other styles. Try using F5 to make some of the instruments sit out on some of the shots.
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 12:46 AM
You are overlooking the fact that the first CHA has to happen after a hit on the first beat of those last two measures.

X//xx|X///|

Expanded, with doubletime +

X///|//XX|X///| All X's are Chords as Shots.

--Mac
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 01:13 AM
Here is how I did it and it sounds great.

Make a song as follows:

Key of G
1st measure G & D7
2nd measure G
3rd measure G..,G.. and G.. (4th beat is empty.)

I used the style _BGMA_B.STY for a bluegrass sound and set the tempo to 120.

I have not tried other styles so I don't know if this would work in your case or not.

IMPORTANT: The 2nd measure I changed to 1/4 timing. 1st measure stays at 4/4 timing. I am assuming that measure 3 also gets changed to 1/4 timing from the modification I made in measure 2.

IMPORTANT: I also changed the tempo of the 3rd measure 100% from the normal 120 BPM to 240 BPM to get the Cha Cha Cha sound on the chords G..,G.. G..

I also set the timing of the 1st measure at 120 using the drop down so if you loop the song, the 1st measure is always reset to 120. Otherwise it will continue to just play at 240 after being set there from the settings in measure 2.

When I play this short riff, the Cha Cha Cha is right on the money.
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 02:44 AM
A Whole Note on that 2nd measure?

That isn't what the OP said dey wants.

--Mac
Of course there is the creative editing.....

But I'm thinking I've heard this in some of the styles. I don't remember the particular styles but I would start searching in the LATIN rhythm styles. Make a short song and poke around with changing the styles and see if any of them give you that ending automatically.

Start by looking at the Cha cha styles.....

I might be wrong..... but I could swear I've had it happen on something.....
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 02:43 PM
Yup. A whole note on the 2nd measure. The 2nd measure was changed to 1/4 timing so it only gets 1 beat. Trust me it works. You want the MP3 file sent, I can do that. I only tried it on that style since I am a banjo player and anything more difficult is beyond my capability. laugh
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 05:02 PM
I think I getcha, jcland, those bluegrass styles are often written such that they don't count the same as musicians but still sound okay.

They're already basically at doubletime to begin with.

Some Bluegrassers have complained about that, especially those trying to create a BB songfile according to the way many Bluegrass songs are written in fakebooks.

But if the OP is not desiring a Bluegrass doubletime style, that would no likely sound so good...

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

--Mac
Posted By: rokq22 Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 11:02 PM
Thanks for the help folks!! I have to say that I read the replies and I am just in too be a hurry to take the time and try them out now as I need the songs I'm working on done by Dec 17 or so. (They are Christmas song, so after Christmas I will have all year to try the suggestions laugh )

Anyhow, I was all set to do a much more simplified ending (it'd have to do) but I thought I'd try something real quick with some tempo and beat changes, as suggested. So, what I did was this: In the "last" bar, using the F5, I changed the "# beats this bar" to "1" and typed in the "final" chord as "A..". Then I went to the next bar and, to play it safe, changed the "# beats this bar" to "4" and ALSO changed the "% change to tempo" to "100" (twice the tempo). I then typed in "A..,A.. A.." (the "cha-cha-cha") and it worked!! cool Well, actually, it's not perfect (but it'll have to do!) as it doesn't sound like the drums are being played during the 3 "cha-cha-cha" chords frown but since the chords are played rather quickly it sounds okay. smile

Cheers!

P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 11:21 PM
Now I'm gonna be sitting up nights wondering what Xmas song he's gonna be ending with cha-cha-cha!

grin
Originally Posted By: Mac
Now I'm gonna be sitting up nights wondering what Xmas song he's gonna be ending with cha-cha-cha!

grin

Silent night ...of course.
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/10/13 11:34 PM
A real LOL out the mouth here.

grin

Feliz Navidad?????
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/11/13 03:40 AM
As a cha-cha?
Posted By: Shastastan Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/11/13 03:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz

grin

Feliz Navidad?????

That would have been my guess, too. We've done that ending on it.
As a cha-cha?

Better than "Silent Night - Cha Cha Cha" wink
I just posted a version of Silent Night, but I forgot to put the cha cha cha on the end...... sorry....maybe next year
Posted By: Dave Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/11/13 02:44 PM
As long as you have a cha-cha style, let BIAB add a 2 bar ending. That should do the trick. Even start the end ing early - ie as part of the song.

click the little S next to MEMo, the select generate a 2 bar ending (about half way down) and Start the ending 2 bars early

As long as the final note of the song is the first beat in the bar ist should work
Posted By: Mac Re: How do I get a "cha-cha-cha" ending? - 12/11/13 03:56 PM

ouch

grin
© PG Music Forums