PG Music Home
Posted By: LanceJ Cakewalk Sonar and Band in a Box (2014) - 12/11/13 01:18 AM

I have watched YouTube videos using Sonar, which I use, and Band in a Box.

I just purchased Band in a Box 2014 and assume the videos were made on older versions.

I recorded a midi track in Sonar, bounced it to audio, and exported it to a .wav file.

Watching a YouTube video: Sonar X1 and Band in a Box Demo by Peter Butler in Et Cetera's Demo Corner

I tried to bring in the .wav file to Band in a Box. I used the same method as YouTube video (full screen view of YouTube to see the menu selection) and I receive a "division by zero" error. This locks Band in a Box.

The issue may be the new version of Band in a Box having a problem but I wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue and resolved it?
Posted By: LanceJ Re: Cakewalk Sonar and Band in a Box (2014) - 12/11/13 01:25 AM
Self response: I discovered that I needed to export with bit depth of 24.

The default bit depth was 32.

I guess that makes a big difference,

I hope this helps another user.

Note: BB, check this out please. Your system needs a soft response to the division by zero.

Regards,
Lance
Posted By: Wallyg Re: Cakewalk Sonar and Band in a Box (2014) - 12/11/13 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: LanceJ
Self response: I discovered that I needed to export with bit depth of 24.

The default bit depth was 32.

I guess that makes a big difference,

I hope this helps another user.

Note: BB, check this out please. Your system needs a soft response to the division by zero.

Regards,
Lance

Lance,

I also use Sonar X3 and received my BiaB 2014 today. I appreciate the tip.

Wally G
That's a good find, Lance. I work in 24-bit in X3 so I've never encountered that problem.

Welcome to the forum here, by the way.
© PG Music Forums