PG Music Home
Posted By: mal12345 Transpose problem - 12/18/13 09:33 PM
There is probably a very simple answer to this, but I just cant get it
When I load any song, or start a new song, the key is always 8 semi tones out. So if I enter a C chord, BB plays an E chord. At the very top of the GUI where it gives the song name and path, it also says "Transpose = 8 semitones"

When I go to Edit\Transpose changing any key value makes no difference...still 8 semitones out.Also if I click on the on the key signature and change the key , it is still 8 semitones out. I have tried restarting system and nothing seems to help.
What am I missing??
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Transpose problem - 12/18/13 09:42 PM
Hi Mal,

It sounds like you might have something set in the "Transpose" section of the program.

Try this. In BIAB 2014, click on Prefs (#1) or use "Opt | Preferences" for earlier versions of the program, select Transpose (#2) and set the options (#3) to what are shown in the image above.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Mac Re: Transpose problem - 12/18/13 10:28 PM
If you can't sort it out using the Prefs -> Transpose, a real quick way to put everything back at Concert keys is to go under Options menu and hit Return to Factory Settings.

--Mac
Posted By: mal12345 Re: Transpose problem - 12/19/13 01:35 AM
Thanks Noel and Mac
Prefs>Transpose didn't help so I restored to Factory Settings and all good now :-)

Mal
© PG Music Forums