PG Music Home
Hi,

I'm hopelessly confused here. I have 2013 Ultrapluspak. The list of stuff you get with the UPP upgrade is pretty long compared to the pluspak upgrade. I asked an online help person, who said that (aside from the nature loops, which I don't need) the only difference is I would get another 160 gig SSD for the extra $40.

Is this correct? Or are there additional features and add-ons? I wish the "what add-ons do I have" feature in BIAB would be more accurate and up to date, or there would be a comparison matrix. Something like:
If you have BIAB PlusPak 2013, here's what you're missing.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate some help before the special pricing ends. Thanks!
Does this help?

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Originally Posted By: therealex
... the only difference is I would get another 160 gig SSD for the extra $40.

Small correction, I think you mean USB drive. (A 160 Gb Solid State Drive for $40? Wow!)

If it's any consolation, I agree, the Upgrade Packages options page does take a little bit of working out.
I always go for the Everything Pack, I figure 'more is better' even if I think I might not use initially.

The removable USB Drive is an excellent investment, IMO.

And there is a matrix if you scroll further down on the page that Don suggested, but shows what you actually get, not what you won't have.

Regards
Trevor
Here is what I understand.

I had always each year bought the HD version and gladly paid the extra cash for the upgraded next version on a HD. This year I went cheap and just got the two DVDs for $99.

It was all good until I realized that for that extra $40 you not only get the HD but also the complete package - meaning everything from day 1. The DVD for $99 gives you only the "2014 upgrade". So, what's the problem? I already have everything from day 1 on my machine and only really need the upgrade BUT it sure was nice having BIAB all on one nice HD as a back up. If I would have know this I would have paid the extra bucks.

BTW, I have tried to "upgrade" my 2013 HD with the new 2014 content as a back up and it ain't so easy. Actually, kind of a mess. Do yourself a favor and pay the money.
I agree with jazzmandan -- getting the HD provides a ready backup which avoids sync issues. Only thing I would suggest is add to the hard drive things like the two or three soloists that I understand are not included anymore.
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan

for that extra $40

plus $15 shipping = $55
I appreciate all the responses, and am actually leaning towards getting the Everything pack now. Although I've been using BIAB since version 2.0 for DOS, it's gotten so sophisticated that I know I'm missing out on quite a few features.

I generally use it as a rough sketchpad, then transfer the tracks to Sonar and record over what BIAB did with real instruments (usually playing different things than what was generated.) But it would be interesting to really see what BIAB can do when used to full potential.

again, thanks for all the responses.
© PG Music Forums