PG Music Home
I've been using BIAB ver 11 successfully for ages now but suddenly it's started playing back all my tunes and accompaniments one tone flat. This doesn't happen with my other MIDI programs. Even if I start a brand new file and leave it in C, the C chord and the rest of the accompaniment plays back as Bb. I don't remember changing anything which I would expect to cause this. Help!
Prefs -> Transpose and reset to Concert pitch.

If that doesn't do it, Options -> Return to Factory Settings certainly will.

--Mac
This is what worked for me in BIAB 2013 Windows - no guarantees - but I hope it works.

A possible cause s that a Transposition was executed form the notation window. These changes DO NOT reset to the default when BIAB is closed.

User must reopen notation window, go to “OPTIONS” then Set “Transpose” value (middle of screen) to “0”.
Thanks for those suggestions guys. I tried all (except the factory reset) to no avail. Any other ideas before I resort to factory reset?
Well, what soundcard do you have? Are other audio applications playing flat, or is it just BIAB? I recall a command on the old SoundBlasters to change pitch.

The Return to Factory Settings in BIAB isn't as bad as it sounds. In newer versions it will first prompt you to save your settings. But wait - you said you have "version 11". Is that really version 11, from a decade ago, or version 2011?

Exactly the same thing happened to me a few weeks back....but by 4 semitones
After trying everything without success, I did a factory reset as suggested by Mac, which solved the problem
Thanks again all. Yes it is BIAB 2011 and no my other MIDI/soundcard programs aren't affected. I'll go for restoring Factory Settings.

Steve
© PG Music Forums