PG Music Home

BUG CONFIRMED BY PG SUPPORT smile

HI
I have loaded a style - _CAIRPGS.STY if it matters.
I want to sub the piano. At the moment it is a midi SuperTrack 2056 and I want an RT 1533.
When I do the volume of that track goes off the scale and I have to reduce it to just 10 or 15 points just to make it anything like useable!! - see pic -

What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it please?
Thanks
Ian

To: ,sixchannel, Since no one has responded, I did the test and here are my findings: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME frown I had: All Of My Tomorrows playing in the CAIRPGS.style . It is showing normal for me anyway. peaks of three yellow bars on my mixer. The piano track is registering - one bar less than yellow. The default setting is 90 thru out on the BB mixer. Nothing is frozen. I changed the piano to the suggested 2056 RT. In Bar Setting, I first lowered the piano volume to -90. I pushed regenerate, an my QSC K12's nearly jumped off their stands. WoW. I hope I didn't ruin them. Help needed here. Warnings maybe?------Leon
Hi Leon
thats the baby!! Nearly killed my Monitors - and ME shocked cos I tend to run them quite fat. Ye Gods that was LOUD!!
It isnt just that track 2056 vs 1533. Try it with the other midi Supertrack on Strings - 2058. Change it to any RT, strings or otherwise - but keep the volume low!!
So, something serious is going on - is it a Bug??
OK BB Pro's - whats going on please?
cheers
ian
I just verified it here. Replace a super MIDI track in this style with a RT and the RT is extremely loud. Hopefully later tonight I can try this again but with a different style.
Anyone know of another Style that has Super miditracks in it to do a seperate test?
Ian
Ian, go to the style picker and scroll down the all styles until you see super miditracks. When you click on a super miditrack you will see styles that contain that super miditrack.

I just used three different styles that contained a super miditrack piano part and replaced that part with various piano RTs with no increase in volume. It looks like you found a bug in that one style. However you should try what I did and see if you get the same results.
Posted By: Mac Re: MASSIVE VOLUME CHANGE ON TRACK SUBSTITUTION - 01/17/14 01:33 AM
Well, one if ya should send an email to Support and report it, referencing this thread.

So they can get going on a repair to add to the next Update, hopefully.

--Mac
Hi Mac
Duly reported, Sir, thanks.
Thanks too to Leon and MarioD for taking the time to check out what I was saying.
I DID run a few checks on other MST Styles but couldnt get this effect on them. Example - _CLTARPG-STY which is essentially the same style without the strings track will work fine when I sub the 2056 for anything else. Go figure.
Interestingly - neither Track 2056 or 2058 appear in the RealTracks Picker window, so if I wanted to sub 2056 or 2058 into anything I was doing (on another SGU) I couldnt. Maybe thats the root cause.Hopefully Support will tell us and issue a patch next time round.. (They ARE there in the Supertracks picker window.)
cheers
ian
BUG CONFIRMED BY PG SUPPORT
Originally Posted By: sixchannel

Good. I just blew my eardrums out after changing a piano patch. mad
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Hi
we DID warn you it was LOUD shocked
Were you doing the same test or is it another Style?
Ian

Hi
Ian

Ian - I don't remember, and I can't check it right now. Got a gig tonight. It was a MIDI Supertrack that I was trying to replace with a RT though. Not the first time I've had that happen. I thought it was pilot error! (It usually is) grin

Regards,

Bob

Hi
Ian

Ian - I don't remember, and I can't check it right now. Got a gig tonight. It was a MIDI Supertrack that I was trying to replace with a RT though. Not the first time I've had that happen. I thought it was pilot error! (It usually is) grin
Regards,
Bob

I've tried a few other Styles based on MSTs and subs to RT don't affect them. Unless you find differently of course.
Its for sure related to 2056 and 2058 and maybe the fact that they dont appear in Picker list is relevant.
Rob at PG is working on it as it is the same on the PG computers.
Ian
© PG Music Forums