PG Music Home
Posted By: GodfreyY Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 05:55 PM
I find that when I enter melody notes into the notation window with the mouse, they look fine but always seem to play slightly behind the chords/style track timing. They are also visually behind in the piano roll window. I know sometimes this can be a good thing but there are times when I want it to be spot on. Two questions if anyone can help please -
1. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing and 2, can you quantize melody tracks within BIAB?
Also, I have never been able to successfully copy bars of melody in the notation window and paste them elsewhere; the timing is always wildly out. Any idea what I may be doing wrong here?
Many thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 06:54 PM
Godfrey,

If you are using Notation Entry the "Tick Offset" will cause this to happen. Depending on the style, BIAB adds a value in Tick Offset. This is to try and 'humanise' the playback. Simply change it to zero before you enter notes.

It's #2 on the image below and is found via "Opt" when in Notation Mode.

If you use the "Staff Roll Notation Mode" for note entry, the tick offset does not impact.

Note that the Tick Offset is reset every time the song is generated and it's necessary to re-enter zero to cancel it.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 08:11 PM
Another option: Play, Slide Tracks.
Posted By: GodfreyY Re: Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 08:13 PM
Noel, thank you so much for your quick reply and expertise - that has solved my problem with the notation timing, I would never have found that myself.
Haven't had time yet to see if it also deals with my copy and paste problem but will do shortly.
Many thanks again
Godfrey
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 08:49 PM
And yet another option: your MIDI and audio playback could be out of sync, which would force you to make the above adjustment every time. BIAB gives you a way to align the timing of the MIDI and audio. First, are you using MME or ASIO as your Audio driver setting?
Posted By: GodfreyY Re: Melody note timing problems - 02/06/14 09:35 PM
Hi Matt - many thanks for your help.
The audio is MME
Godfrey
© PG Music Forums