PG Music Home
Posted By: Sly Ruby A new melody and lyrics - 05/07/14 10:47 PM
Hi, glad to be back from BiaB hiatus. I got side tracked and lost my momentum with my projects for a while. But I am glad I finally started working on it again. I already found some great chord progressions and styles to put together. And wow the tracks sound very good even without doing anything to them. They sound very good to me. I am astonished really at what BiaB can do for me.

Now that I have some great tracks for a decent independent album I think I have to add some lyrics and my vocals. I really like my instrumentals though. But then I think I should put some original word and melody to them to truly make them my own. So the question is I want to get some help with creating my melody with BiaB's melody creation tool. I have written many great country songs years ago. But I am wanting this tool to give me some good ideas.

So how do I delete the current lyrics? I took an existing song and I want to use that chord progression. And put my own style to it. Delete that melody and lyrics. Make it my own. How can I do this? I also would someday like to create some kind of karaoke for these songs so I can sing to it easily. Ok let me know if you can. If I can start recording a vocal track soon for my 13 songs that would be great.
Posted By: pghboemike Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/08/14 07:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Sly I already found some great chord progressions and styles to put together. And wow the tracks sound very good even without doing anything to them. They sound very good to me. I am astonished really at what BiaB can do for me.[/quote

so you have a chord progression and style working the way you like it in biab??
Quote:

Now that I have some great tracks for a decent independent album I think I have to add some lyrics and my vocals. I really like my instrumentals though. But then I think I should put some original word and melody to them to truly make them my own. So the question is I want to get some help with creating my melody with BiaB's melody creation tool.

Melodist info at 11:00 in

check out pg 297 in biab 2014 pdf manual, you will need the latest update Build 381, for info on the
The Medley Maker & The Melodist
[quote]
So how do I delete the current lyrics? I took an existing song and I want to use that chord progression. And put my own style to it. Delete that melody and lyrics. Make it my own. How can I do this?

use the audio chord wizard to get the chords and transfer them to biab then select an appropriate style

pg 365 in the pdf
Quote:

I also would someday like to create some kind of karaoke for these songs so I can sing to it easily.

welcome back

have fun

Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/09/14 11:48 AM
Call me different .... but I always use the LYRIC DOCUMENT window. I can add, edit, delete, cut, past, copy and print from it.

For songwriting, IMHO, it's the best way to work.

If I was playing live and using BB to do it, I might consider learning how to put the words in the music.....

just my 2 cents
Posted By: Sly Ruby Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/10/14 06:05 AM
Thanks for all of that. Do you know where I can get the 2014 PDF file manual? I am looking for it. don't think I have it.
Posted By: Sly Ruby Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/10/14 06:20 AM
I open the lyric document window and it is just blank. It has lines and columns. I will have to check into this more. I need that 2013 pdf. Maybe I can read up on this.
Posted By: pghboemike Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/10/14 05:45 PM
Band-in-a-Box Version 2014 Build 381 Update (40 MB)

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#381

after the update the 2014 pdf manual will be in your bb folder
Posted By: Sly Ruby Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/13/14 02:12 AM
I would like the latest audiophile update. With the highest quality. I may have to ask them about it.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A new melody and lyrics - 05/13/14 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Sly Ruby
I would like the latest audiophile update. With the highest quality. I may have to ask them about it.

Hi Sly
I don't think there have been any updates the Audiophile data since 2014 was released, but there are program patches (e.g. 2014 Build 381)

There have been Real Tracks patches though, again not affecting Audiophile data

Hope this helps

Cheers
Trevor
© PG Music Forums