PG Music Home
Is there anyone who can tell me how to import a midi file or a wave file as an additional track (maybe into melody or soloist or I don't know where) into an existing BIAB song.
What I find in the menĂº is the option to open a midi file but it creates a new song.
I just want to add an instrument that I've got recorded as midi or a vocal recorded as wave to a song that I've got opened in BIAB.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi, this should help you get started. Goto Help, under index type in "Midi file import". Read the stuff on how many ... number of blank .... etc. (it'll make your life easier).

In general, choose either Melody or Soloist at the top of the menu screen, and choose Import Midi.

Hope this helps some.
Gerry

Attached picture MidiImport.jpg
If you rename the vocal.wav to the same name as you saved the mysong.SGU to, it should load up to the Audio track, just after Soloist and Thru when you open the SGU.
Thank you very much Soolan and Solidrock.
I had gone too fast through the Help menĂº.
Originally Posted By: F.J. Richart
I just want to add an instrument that I've got recorded as midi or a vocal recorded as wave to a song that I've got opened in BIAB.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You didn't say what version of Biab you have but if it's recent you can use a midi track to replace one of the midi generated biab tracks and then freeze it so it won't regenerate any time you hit Play again. Say you have your own bass line you want to use, you assign the midi bass track to the Biab Bass instrument track. A midi track you created would be completely independent of any style you loaded because a frozen track bypasses that. For audio, you name the audio track the same name as your Biab songfile and put it in the same exact location as the Biab song. When you open the Biab song the audio file automatically opens with it.

Another thing to look at are loops. These can be audio or midi and are handled separately from the regular Biab tracks as well.

These suggestions are for 2012 and newer I think. If you have an older version then none of this applies. You have one audio track plus the Melody and Soloist tracks to play with. It's always good to start a question with your Biab version.

Bob
Thank you Bob I've just purchased the UltraPlusPack 2014 vs 7.
What you are saying is great but how can I import a midi into the bass track or any other track different from the melody or soloist?
Can I import more than one audio or there's only one audio track?

Javier
Originally Posted By: F.J. Richart
Thank you Bob I've just purchased the UltraPlusPack 2014 vs 7.
What you are saying is great but how can I import a midi into the bass track or any other track different from the melody or soloist?
Can I import more than one audio or there's only one audio track?

Javier

BAIB is the swiss army knife of music production tools. And I suspect there likely is a way to do all the things you what to do, however, you have to ask yourself why! BIAB is not a multitrack DAW and it sounds to me as if that is what you are in need of (it is what most of us use). RB has all those bases covered or if you look around there are many other DAW applications which will do it all. Instead of bringing everything into BIAB think about taking tracks out of BIAB to a DAW. That is the ticket.
I agree with you about using a DAW. I'm using Cubase 5 but I've just purchased BIAB and I still don't have clear up to where to use it.
In the BIAB Help I only found how to import a midi to the Melody/Soloist track but Bob said you can import it to other tracks like the Bass track so that's why I was asking.
I don't know the power of RB so for the time being I will continue using Cubase.
I know that RB has BIAB inside but I don't know if it is enough to use Rb instead of Cubase.
This is a function I don't use myself so I may be off in a detail or two here. The reason I don't do this is this is much better done in a DAW like Real Band.

First, using bass as an example, we're only talking about MIDI bass parts, not a Real Track bass. You open the sequencer using the big green SEQ button and view the bass track. There you can edit the track either by manually changing the notes yourself or cutting and pasting a midi bass part from somewhere else like a midi file.

After you've done that work you MUST remember to freeze the track using the snowflake icon. If you don't and press Play the Biab style will overwrite what you just did and create a new part.

Having said this, I would suggest you move on over to the RB forum and start learning that program. It works hand in glove with Biab, it has a lot of Biab functions built in and it opens Biab files. But it gives you 48 tracks to work with, the tracks are laid out in a linear fashion like any other DAW and doing cutting, pasting and editing midi is much easier there than it is in Biab itself.

Also no need for freezing tracks because as a sequencer each track stands on it's own anyway, nothing regenerates except for certain specific Biab tracks but you can tell RB to convert those tracks to regular tracks. I won't go too far with that function here, stuff like that is on the RB forum.

Bob
FJ.

As Soolan stated, you can import a midi file to either the solo or melody track, paying close attention to the inputs.

Then go to the EDIT menu and click on Copy/Move tracks and move the file from the melody track to your choice of any other BB track. The help menu will clarify.

Be sure and freeze the new BB track.

This is the track-to-track copy/move delete function you probably want.

Audio tracks can be imported to overwrite or merge with existing data, but there is just the one Audio edit window. I've tinkered with moving audio to performance tracks, but you're probably better off doing the editing in RB.

Percy
© PG Music Forums