PG Music Home
Posted By: Leon Carpenter 2014.5 ? - 06/12/14 08:30 PM
It is nearly mid year. Is anyone besides me ready for something new from P.G. Music?------Leon
Posted By: musiclover Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/12/14 10:39 PM
I sincerely hope they don't, enough to work with getting to grips with the GUI in 2014, and as well as that, will make the upgrade a little cheaper at end of year.

On a slightly different note I'm still waiting for the download that was promised "in just a few days time" for the offline demo files of realtracks, and that is almost two months ago.

Musiclover
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/13/14 08:15 AM
I would really like just a "100 new styles special" mid-year and the new features at the end of the year..

(even 50 new one will do...)
Posted By: rodipoet Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/13/14 09:45 AM
I would appreciate an update fixing the waltz user tracks, as promised three months ago.......
Posted By: malevans Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/13/14 06:08 PM
I'm hoping we finally get a 64 bit version of the software.

;-0
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 02:37 AM
Mal, Fingers crossed? It could happen. I have a few complaints as of 2014. None have been addressed. Such as: way too many access violations and they removed the ability to access bar numbers in the [Bar Settings/Print Summary] feature. Shame on them.------Leon
Posted By: rodipoet Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 11:34 AM
Mal,
I hope this time your/our hopes will be fulfilled..............
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 02:23 PM
((( they removed the ability to access bar numbers in the [Bar Settings/Print Summary] feature. Shame on them.-

Please elaborate on what feature was removed.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 03:37 PM
Leon:

I agree with Peter on the Bar Numbers.
I just printed out a song yesterday and put the bar numbers where I wanted them, i.e. at the beginning of every row.

You can get to that setting from the "Lead Sheet Options" window" > "Show Bar #s".

I've never gotten an "Access Violation" with 2014.
If you document it and contact Support they can likely help you out.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon Carpenter
It is nearly mid year. Is anyone besides me ready for something new from P.G. Music?------Leon

Frankly, I don't care too much if a year.5 doesn't have too many new features. This is a good opportunity to implement the 'User Wishlist' features. The ones Users have continually requested, including improvements and functions that users really want to have available. There are many worthwhile requests in the Wishlist items

It would be great if the yyyy.5 version resolved some of these requests

(Hope PGM think along the same lines)
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 04:16 PM

I'm wondering if the .5 release for the PC version of BIAB was scrapped in favor of the full release for the Mac.

That would make more sense to me.
After the release of the full PC version before Christmas, PGMusic starts on the upgrade to the Mac version in time for release for Fathers Day.

Then back to work on the PC version.
Seems fair to me <grin>.

LLOYD S
Posted By: malevans Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/14/14 07:32 PM
Well I finally purchased Cubase 7.5. I wanted it for features not available in most other DAW's, like Chord track, TrackVersions and improved scoring. I was pleased at how well it performs, (I was an ardent hater of the dongle), I lost track, ('scuse pun), at the number of tracks I had going in a project ...... no latency issues, umpteen VSTi's and effects galore. No memory problems whatsoever.

Now just imagine BB 64 bit .... what a field day eh?
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/15/14 10:49 AM
Peter Gannon, O.K., here is the deal: In the chord mode, (Right click on any bar), choose bar settings, select the chorus if using more than one, make a change, as in [Mute, Back to normal, Change by - or +, Fade(per bar),Louder(per bar). Now ,after all of the changes are made, or any time from start to finish, all of the above information is immediately available by (right clicking any bar/bar settings/print report. Beginning in 2013 it worked and was one of the best features offered to some one using BIAB to create and or copy or download pre-arranged files, as I do. Bless you. With all of the improvements made in the 2014 version (and there were many), this feature shows some of the changes, but not the bar numbers. So shame on you. The (Access Violations) would be for me, the biggest problem encountered since my first purchase in 2010.5 Everything pak. But that is another story. Otherwise, it is what it is.-----Leon
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/15/14 03:28 PM

Leon:

- I opened one of my songs that I knew had some changes similar to your description above.
- I right clicked on another bar and made another change
- Clicked on OK to close the "Edit Settings for Current Bar.." window
- Right clicked on a different bar to open that window again
- Clicked on Print Summary
- I get a "FSReport.txt - Notepad" window

In that window I see all the changes within my song, and at which bar the changes took place.

You mentioned

"and they removed the ability to access bar numbers in the [Bar Settings/Print Summary] feature."

Do you mean that the report you get doesn't show the bar numbers, or that you used to be able to (say) click on the bar number in the report, and make changes there?

Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/15/14 08:07 PM
Lloyd, Thanks for taking an interest. I do get a summary report as I should, but it does not contain bar numbers as it did in 2013. I have a (Screen Shot of a report) saved, I do not know how or where to send it.-----Leon
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/15/14 08:59 PM
Leon:

I sent you a Private Message.

Lloyd S
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/16/14 01:10 PM
Message received. but still no where to or how to. Remember that you are dealing with an apparent Dummy.----Leon
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/16/14 01:33 PM

Leon:

Not to worry.
We were all beginners at one time.
You have my email address in the PM I sent you.
Just send me a "reply" to that message and then I'll have yours.

From there we can get this straightened out.

LLOYD S
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/16/14 08:43 PM
LLoyd, I see it now. Thanks and I am not a beginner, just pi#!ed.---leon
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/16/14 09:11 PM
Leon:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were a beginner.
I guess I meant, at some point we are all "dummies" on some function of BIAB.

I'll check out the info you sent and get back to you.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: filkertom Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/18/14 12:14 AM
I'd just like some new Classical styles, please. smile
Posted By: Beachboy Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/22/14 07:56 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
((( they removed the ability to access bar numbers in the [Bar Settings/Print Summary] feature. Shame on them.-

Please elaborate on what feature was removed.

Yes, the ability to see the actual bar numbers (in the "Print Bar Summary") was a very good feature, which I used on a regular basis, I definitely find the "Bar Summary" feature not as useful in its present format.
Hopefully, it can be re-instated in a future patch.
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: 2014.5 ? - 06/22/14 11:59 PM
BeachBoy, I am so glad to read that I am not the only BIAB junkie with no bar numbers showing using Print Summary, in the 2014 version. This is all centered around the f5 Print Summary Screen. Bar numbers indicate changes made to any song file within BIAB 2013 & 2014. By the way,(in 2014)when I click shift f5, I do not get the same screen as (Right Click any bar and select BAR Settings/Print Summary? What I get instead is [Generate Chords and/or Melody}). Am I missing something here? Here is the results as I see them: A 2013 SONG FILE,- when using the print summary feature in the(2013) version, all is well. A 2013 SONG FILE, - when using the 2014 version, all is well. A 2014 song file, using the 2013 version, all is well. A 2014 song file, using 2014= NO BAR NUMBERS. I do have the Screen Shots of the different scenario's, but my Web Mail is inoperative at present. I have been waiting for a patch or replacement HD since early Dec. of 2013 There you go, Peter Gannon.-----Leon
Posted By: RodM Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/02/14 03:16 AM
It's July 1st! Any day now! Well perhaps any day now.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/02/14 07:32 PM
Leon,
I can duplicate the issue that you are seeing (bar# missing from some items in the F4 report), and it will be fixed in the next 2014 patch.
Peter
Posted By: rharv Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/02/14 10:54 PM
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man. smile

Thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/02/14 11:08 PM
To RodM, remember there was no mid-year update last year. Never any guarantees.

And, they just finished the roll out of a new interface for the Mac version to bring it into near parity with the Windows version. Busy times at PG Music.
Posted By: malevans Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/03/14 06:12 PM
........ and they probably have coders busy on the 64 bit version Matt.

Cough, cough .... tiptoes quietly and surreptitiously to the side door. blush
Posted By: RodM Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/04/14 07:37 PM
Matt,

I agree with you and I am totally happy with 2014. I have enjoyed the new features with each release and I really love the additional real tracks offered with each release. This year, I have also loved the many BIAB User tracks that other members have made available. That being said, I will be the first in line to purchase the 2014.5 upgrade if available, and I will purchase the yearly upgrade if that is all there is this year. I really love this product.

Thanks,

Rod
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/04/14 07:57 PM
Personally, I'm quite happy there is no mid year upgrade, because that's just more money that I don't have that I would have to spend.

I would prefer to see 'Wish List' upDATES, instead of upGRADES, done to the current version, at least simple ones.

Happy Fourth to my U.S. friends.

G
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/04/14 07:59 PM
Mal, I agree with you, but I'm not sayin' nothin'.

Rod, you'll have to beat me to it to be first to upgrade!

Gary, good point as always. Great to see you back here, especially with all your help for MIDI and hardware setup questions. You were missed.
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: 2014.5 ? - 07/05/14 05:01 AM
Thanks Matt,
Not around as much as I'd like to be, and now am waiting on neck surgery, so that might lay me up for a bit. Heck, I hardly have time to play any more. smile

But, I just did upgrade to Sonar X3 Studio, and I am going to have to play with that. :p

Gary
© PG Music Forums