PG Music Home
Posted By: John-Luke PARTIAL MELODY EMBELLISHMENT - 02/12/09 04:59 PM
I have some songs in unfolded mode, with up to 4, 5 or 6 chorus.
Melody chorus1 must be played as it is recorded (melody embellisher =off). I want the 2nd chorus with light embellishment, chorus #3 with heavy embellishment and chorus #4 as chorus #1, ie w/o any embellishment. As far I know, melody embellisher has no option to choose embellishment from ...to... How can I proceed ?
Posted By: jford Re: PARTIAL MELODY EMBELLISHMENT - 02/12/09 05:49 PM
I don't BIAB in front of me to figure out an elegant solution, but a brute force solution might be:

1. Open your song (no embellishment).
2. Turn on light embellishment and hit play (so the notes get regenerated) and make sure you're happy with it.
3. Make the embellishment permanent.
4. Export to MIDI (i.e. myfile_light.mid).
5. Without saving, open your song again (no embellishment).
6. Turn on heavy embellishment and hit play (so the notes get regenerated) and make sure you're happy with it.
4. Make the embellishment permanent.
5. Export to MIDI (i.e. myfile_heavy.mid).
6. Without saving, open your song again (no embellishment).
7. Import the myfile_light.mid, but select only the bars you want to include and only the melody channel with the offsets where chorus #2 starts.
8. Import the myfile_heavy.mid, but select only the bars you want to include and only the melody channel with the offsets where chorus #3 starts.
9. You should now have what you wanted. Save the file (maybe to a different name) to preserve the changes.

This may not be the exact process, but hopefully you get the idea. My guess is that it would take all of 3 or 4 minutes to do this (probably less time that it took me to type this response).

Let us know if it works.
Posted By: Mac Re: PARTIAL MELODY EMBELLISHMENT - 02/12/09 06:16 PM
If you don't have anything on the Soloist track, you could Copy Melody to Soloist and then apply Embellishment to the copy on the Melody track.

Use the RightClick -> Bar Settings to mute one or the other at the required bars.

--Mac
Posted By: John-Luke Re: PARTIAL MELODY EMBELLISHMENT - 02/17/09 09:24 AM
Thanks all. I finally adopt MAC method, as there was no data on the soloist track.
John-Luke
© PG Music Forums