PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 remove drive from USB case - 07/27/14 11:46 AM
Hi. I want to see if i can fit the external USB Audiophile drive into my laptop's second internal drive bay. How can one open the latest version (silver metal cover over a black plastic bottom end, model D33C12) case containing the drive? - Thnx, F
Posted By: Noel96 Re: remove drive from USB case - 07/27/14 12:09 PM
Hi fiddler,

I'd contact PG Music directly with this question. I'd imagine that they'd be able to give you the dimensions of the drive without you having to pull yours to pieces.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: George Ireton Re: remove drive from USB case - 07/27/14 12:55 PM
I understand why you might like to do this, however may I offer another option? Keep the USB drive as a backup, and buy a second drive for your laptop, then haul a copy of the entire program into that. You have that option during setup.
Posted By: solidrock Re: remove drive from USB case - 07/28/14 07:59 AM
Just slide the silver top back then lift up, lift the rear end of the hard drive up then pull it back, unplug the PCB, just rock it side by side, touch something metal before doing to discharge any static you have, you will need a sata connection in the second bay. It will perform a lot faster than USB 2.0
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: remove drive from USB case - 07/28/14 06:43 PM
Thanx Solidrock; about the speed i already found out with another smaller ex-BIAB drive removed from its's all black casing, alas too small with all them large audiophile files .... -F
© PG Music Forums