PG Music Home
Can't wait for it to arrive . . . have so much catching up to do for the show. One thing . . . During ordering I forgot to ask if the pods on the screen mixer now "remember" changes (volume, panning, etc.) during mixes?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Just ordered BIAB 2014 (WAV Audio version) - 08/03/14 09:34 PM
You be the judge. Here is before saving and closing:

And here is after saving, closing, reopening and reloading:

You should be happy. grin
Ha! Ha! Jazzmadan . . . what a great demo! Thanks. But, what I mean is . . do the sliders remember the variations made during a mix; like changing the volume or panning in the middle of the mix?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Just ordered BIAB 2014 (WAV Audio version) - 08/04/14 12:03 AM
Originally Posted By: johnnyzell
Ha! Ha! Jazzmadan . . . what a great demo! Thanks. But, what I mean is . . do the sliders remember the variations made during a mix; like changing the volume or panning in the middle of the mix?

Opps, my bad, but I have never known BIAB to do that. Maybe RB and definitely Reaper, but BIAB, no.
Envelopes for volume and pan are needed for that. I was thinking that RB did have envelopes but.... I don't mix in RB...and Sonar does have envelopes.

I couldn't imagine working in the box without automation envelopes for volume and pan.
Right, I take songs into SONAR where I have automation of the faders (the movements of the faders are recorded and replayed). This would be a nice addition to BIAB but would first appear in RealBand (I'm assuming it's not yet there?).
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
... This would be a nice addition to BIAB but would first appear in RealBand (I'm assuming it's not yet there?).

Proper automation is not available in Real Band yet - 2014 (7).

The sliders do not adjust dynamically during playback (although the volume settings are applied to the song). The sliders only adjust their position when the transport is stopped (they also don't adjust when playback is started).

Regards
Trevor

Attached picture 2014-08-04_11-32-02.jpg
OK, great "helps" guys, thank you. This "automatic fader" will come soon I just feel. Will receive BIAB 2014 product this Monday or Tuesday and am very excited! 1rst chart will be our "Champagne Theme Opener" with . . . Phil Woods, Ron Carter and guest trumpeter. Ha! JZ
Posted By: rharv Re: Just ordered BIAB 2014 (WAV Audio version) - 08/07/14 01:39 AM
Both RB and PT can record any mixer adjustments.
It's just a matter of telling the software you want to record these.
'Record Mixer Moves' is a button in the mixer window (IIRC). Other options exist also, like drawing the change in Piano Roll.
Some don't like HOW the mixer sliders react, however they do react.
It's a feature that's been there for a while, but the new Nodes function has seen debate in its implementation.
So I disagree with VideoTracks' post. (no offense intended)

FWIW; I don't think BiaB offers this option (yet).
Originally Posted By: rharv
Both RB and PT can record any mixer adjustments.
It's just a matter of telling the software you want to record these.
'Record Mixer Moves' is a button in the mixer window (IIRC). Other options exist also, like drawing the change in Piano Roll.
Some don't like HOW the mixer sliders react, however they do react.
It's a feature that's been there for a while, but the new Nodes function has seen debate in its implementation.
So I disagree with VideoTracks' post. (no offense intended)

FWIW; I don't think BiaB offers this option (yet).

Hi Bob

I'm sure we're both working off the same page.

I've found something even more interesting, and put a post more appropriately on the RealBand forum

Regards
Trevor

Posted By: DrDan Re: Just ordered BIAB 2014 (WAV Audio version) - 08/10/14 11:39 PM
Just flipping through the TV stations last night and came about an airing of "The songs of Pat Boone" from the Laurence Welk Show circa 1977. Low and behold a young horn player was center stage entertaining the crowd. I hope you don't mind but couldn't help noticing what a handsome young man he was. grin
© PG Music Forums