PG Music Home
Posted By: Dan45 Did not get clean install of AmpliTube3 - 10/05/14 02:42 AM
Greetings o wise ones!
Something seems to have glitched when I upgraded from 2011 to 2014 version.
Although in Explorer I can see (4) AmpliTube3 files with the following extensions:
AmpliTube3.app.pak
AmpliTube3.dll
AmpliTube3.pak
AmpliTube3.vpa
and finally (1) called libsndfile-1.dll.
There is also an uninstall folder with an uninstall.exe inside.

Biab only sees the two .dll files and if I try to load it I get three error messages:
1. Program can't start because libiomp5md.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
2. Can't load C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube3\AmpliTube3.vpa
3. C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube3\AmpliTube3.dll is not a valid plugin! Note that only 32 bit plugins can be used (not 64 bit)

I'm anxious what will happen if I run the uninstall....not sure where to reinstall from. The upgrade came with six rather large files one is called hi-q_instruments_sampletank_01-02.exe.

Don't know which way to go at this point
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Did not get clean install of AmpliTube3 - 10/05/14 02:51 AM
Dan,

Did you install Amplitube to the default folder or did you choose a custom folder?

Also, does your computer have a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit operating system?

Regards,
Noel
Try here http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=37086&Number=263700#Post263700

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=263625&page=1
Posted By: Dan45 Re: Did not get clean install of AmpliTube3 - 10/05/14 01:04 PM
OK I ended up uninstalling and getting the VST version from the IK Multimedia website and it's working now.

It's giving me 9 days to Authorize then it asks for a serial number. I recall from the BiaB install notes that you can safely ignore some of the warnings that pop up when you run AmpliTube. But I can't remember if this is one of them?

Guess I'll find out in about 9 days
Posted By: jford Re: Did not get clean install of AmpliTube3 - 10/05/14 04:29 PM
Posted By: Dan45 Re: Did not get clean install of AmpliTube3 - 10/05/14 06:35 PM
ok got it, thanks jford. Apparently I wound up with Custom Shop Free but that's okay too. As long as it works in Biab/Rb.
© PG Music Forums