PG Music Home
With each release (and immediate purchase) of BIAB, I hope for the RealTracks that will provide the backup harmony group vocal oohs and aahs I crave (and have requested), but my review locates none to date (through new 2015), nor any User Tracks of that nature as well. Has anyone ever located any? Or am I still relegated to the various software and hardware options (including external offerings) that strive to emulate same? Thanks.
UserTrack List
Originally Posted By: R & AM
For those who create songs with BIAB, but for some reason don't sing by themselves, the following may be useful:

Rob has created several free Vocal Packs in the past, mainly for use in DAWs. However they may also be useful in your Band in a Box arrangements.
The samples are completely royalty-free (free as in 'free beer'). You can also use them for your commercial music projects.
You can download the packs from the Vocalpack section on his website (you can also watch some preview videos):

Rob's Musical Homepage

If you use them, we are very curious to hear the results (however you're not obliged to).

Have fun with the samples!

Regards,
R & AM

This poster made some available to forum members back in May 2014. They may still be available.

Charlie
Why not just get a TC Helicon hardware product? I have a Voicelive 2. The Voicelive 3 is far better and there are other small pedals, and products that are cheaper. They will take your guitar chords and harmonise with your voice or take a midi track and harmonise with that. Even an mp3 backing track. Great for live work or recording. Generally, they will autotune your voice if nec. Can be a little robotic, I guess, but a bit of fiddling should fix that. Certainly far better than anything software based or any other product actually. Just an idea. Eventually, I'll put a recording up with it and BIAB. shocked
Thanks for the responses. In addition to various software, I have tried the hardware -- I have a TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX and an older DigiTech Vocalist VR harmonizer, and although impressive technology, in my hands of limited ability I have been unable to create exactly what I wanted. I went so far as to father two sons in hopes of generating compatible backing vocalists, but at least in this regard they too have fallen short.
Hmmm, I've never tried making a user track but I might for this, I can see how that would be useful. I have something I may be able to work with.

I know there are some decent vocalists on this forum, maybe one of them could try this too.

Lawtunes, what styles are you looking for? Are the basic dominant and minor7 chords good enough or do you want some complex chords too?

Bob
Thank you for your very kind offer. The basics would be fine. What I'm trying to do is get a rudimentary Beach Boy-type backing sound better than what I was able to achieve on my last CD; clips are in the video at: The SurfChords: Sea Sun Greetings - Holiday CD Medley. Thanks again.
Yes, you're correct. There are no oohs and Aahs rrealtracks and that would be a good,idea to do. There are some loops with some vocal sounds, but not oohs and aahs. The loops are mainly things like human beat box and rap things.
This is using Split Ah choir UT.
There is also just an Ah choir UT.
FWIW, this is playing tempo 30 faster than the creation tempo.

P_SURFIN_WithSplitAhChoirPGdemo.WMA

List of recent choirs. This is a PICTURE, - links are not hot.
Copied this from solidrock's nifty site.
© PG Music Forums