PG Music Home
note : I already posted here a few minutes ago but it seems that I did something wrong and it did not post. If I double posted, I'm sorry and please delete this thread

I want to buy BIAB but I am not sure if it will be useful for me, if the styles I am looking for aren't available in the version of BIAB that I can afford.
Will Style Wizard be effective if I want to create my own style? I already have several Midi song files which I will be using for it. Let's say I learn how to properly use Style Wizard and I want to create a bass and drum track with a Red Hot Chili Peppers style of music on my own song structure and chord progression. Will it have a decent quality result maybe as good as the preset styles?
Hi porkplan,

Welcome to the forums.

Let's say you have a midi file of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song that you like. It's possible for BIAB to look at that file and extract accompaniment patterns for bass, guitar, keyboard, etc.

The above being said, it's important to realise that these accompaniment patterns are for midi instruments only. Ultimately, the sound of these patterns when they're played back depends on the quality of the midi synthesiser that you use (either hardware or software). My experience is that the 'sound' of a group is not just about the accompaniment pattern but also the particular instruments and effects that are used.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Midi is good enough for me since I already have virtual instrument plugins. I just needed to make sure if it's effective in creating/recreating a style. Thank you.
© PG Music Forums