PG Music Home
I'm getting this error message box right after I've opened a MIDI file I've downloaded from the Internet, that made Real Band crash. Right after a re-boot, not BIAB nor Real Band worked anymore.

"Some features are disabled. Menu-Help-Activation to Activate Program is not activate. Reason is: You can only use this copy of the program in one computer. If you want to use the program on a new computer, choose Menu-Help-Activation or Menu-Help-Restore"

I've tried that, but my activation code is signaled as "Not Valid"

I've tried releasing the license, now it doesn't allow me to re-activate, stating "License blocked".

I've sent an e-mail support@pgmusic.com the 31st at 16:34 Central European Time, but nobody got back to me.

For the record, I have BIAB installed in my laptop, but I've never used it at the same time with my main Music-making desktop computer, nor I did try to use it after the crash.

I own several other DAW programs, all of them allow at least TWO installs... I can't find in the PG website an specific answer to this question. So, is this really a licensing conflict or just a technical snafu after the crash?

Please, somebody get back to me. What do I do?
Hi Pepe,

This sounds like BIAB might have shutdown because whatever happened to your computer has fooled the program into seeing itself as not activated.

Try clicking on "Help | Utilities" and then select "Activation". You will need the serial number of your BIAB.

Be aware that activating it may reduce the number of available activations that you have. (Users are given 3, as I understand it. These can be reset by PG Music and the company has indicated that it will do so when something like your situation happens.)

If the above activation doesn't help, I suspect that PG Music will need to help out.

Regards,
Noel
Thank you Noel96.

Unfortunately, my license code doesn't work anymore. PG hasn't gotten back to me... so what do I do?
Saw the samething just recently on my laptop. What the heck?? But then I closed the program and restarted and it fixed itself.

By the way, for the records you get 3 installs.
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Saw the samething just recently on my laptop. What the heck?? But then I closed the program and restarted and it fixed itself.

I've already this several times: didn't fixed itself in my case.

And if it's three installs I have the right for, I've been robbed of at least one!

And of course, it had happen just when I had time to work with it... frown

Suggest running Malware / Virus to make sure you're clean. Reboot also??
Pepe,

Did you try my activation suggestion?

Other than that, I have no ideas. As frustrating as it is, it's a matter of waiting for PG Music to get back to you. Their availability has probably been reduced by having a holiday on January 1 (it was a holiday here in Australia).

In another thread, Peter Gannon has said that Support have been working flat-out. I have no doubt that your email will be processed as soon as is humanly possible.

It's amazing how inconvenience strikes at the most annoying times.

Good luck. I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I'd also be deleting that midi file that created this issue just so that I didn't accidentally load it again!
Done and done.

Everything is clean.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Did you try my activation suggestion?

Yes, I did.

That's when I got the "License blocked" message.
Originally Posted By: LtKojak
And if it's three installs I have the right for, I've been robbed of at least one!

I can speak from experience. When I had a DAW crash, I asked PC for one more licenses and they reset me all the way back to 3 more. So I assume I have five installs now. So don't worry about that.

But I am sorry to hear this is a problem for you. Like I said, I did see this before and it did fix itself. But can't tell you how.
This licensing s-h-i-t always interferes with legit users only, hackers still run off laughing. One of the reasons i liked BIAB was that there were no activation games involved in the past, and that was also a reason why i bought it in the first place. This besides their great supportive team & policies, and the fact that the music you create with BIAB is copyrights free. That one is still on, LOL. -F
obvious point, but have you tried the live help button above?
Originally Posted By: ZeroZero
obvious point, but have you tried the live help button above?

I'm in Milano, Italy. EUROPE.

The time difference is nine hours. I'm not always home at the times help is there.

I've sent THREE e-mails to support@pgmusic.com.

WHY NOBODY HAS GOTTEN BACK TO ME?

This is so frustrating...
Do you have a working copy?
If so, check the TicketsActivated folder of that copy <- hint

A text file there should contain a working serial number for the copy.
Originally Posted By: rharv
Do you have a working copy?
If so, check the TicketsActivated folder of that copy <- hint

A text file there should contain a working serial number for the copy.

That's MY serial number, the one that doesn't work.

Darn it!!!!
Lt Kojak,

Sorry to hear that you're having this problem. As you can see from the lack-of-forum posts, issues with activation are not very common, so this should be fixable. You should contact support, they can fix this issue for you. Use the Live-Chat button above. There is someone there today until 4pm PST.

Your message above is referring to multiple computers (desktop and notebook), and multiple programs (RealBand, Band-in-a-Box), so I'm not clear what the specific problem is - for example is activation working on none/one/both of those programs on none/one/both of those PC's.

Also, you have referred to your activation code, hopefully you are entering the serial number, which is a 24 digit number.

The usual cause of the program being 'blocked' is if you chose this option, to 'block' the program, which frees up an activation.

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
You should contact support, they can fix this issue for you. Use the Live-Chat button above. There is someone there today until 4pm PST.

Dear Peter,

I've used the Live Chat, followed some simple instructions and PROBLEM SOLVED in less than three minutes, which were mostly used to type!

Many, many thanks to Khallum, the actual operator that took care of me.

Yours very truly,
© PG Music Forums