PG Music Home
I'd really like to be able to read a MIDI file that contains a drum set part and edit the part using standard music drum notation. So far I've been able to read the MIDI file using RealBand, and it correctly identifies the drum part and puts it in a separate track. But - when I view the drum track using the notation icon it looks like a piano part, with sharps, flats, etc. Is there a way to have drum notation - snare part on the snare line, etc.??
Love your user name and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the answer is no. You'll need either a full notation program or a specific drum notation program for that.

Bob
Originally Posted By: BassicallyNice
I'd really like to be able to read a MIDI file that contains a drum set part and edit the part using standard music drum notation. So far I've been able to read the MIDI file using RealBand, and it correctly identifies the drum part and puts it in a separate track. But - when I view the drum track using the notation icon it looks like a piano part, with sharps, flats, etc. Is there a way to have drum notation - snare part on the snare line, etc.??

Hi BN
Welcome to the forum
I don't think this can be done in BB or RB, but should be able to be done with the Musescore program (it's freeware)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Trev
Incidentally, there's a video tutorial here. Hope this is useful.
Thanks for the help. So, does this plan make sense:
Create a drum midi file in MuseScore, then open my drum midi file in BiaB and RB to add some nice tunes to my practice tracks.

My end goal is to create custom MIDI practice files to use with my Roland Drum Tutor software - I like how it gives me feedback on accuracy. When I think I've mastered a groove, Roland disagrees! More practice for me.
Thanks! I came up with that user name when Roland forced me to open a Twitter account in order to play FriendJam.
© PG Music Forums