PG Music Home
Posted By: perdido BIAB 2015 - Realtrack Question - 01/23/15 06:40 PM
Can a member let me know why a styles demo (i.e. "CRELBZK") does not sound like the "CRELBZK" Realtrack that plays with a BIAB tune ? The demo sounds wonderful, and definitely has a fiddle. The RealTrack that plays with my tune file only has 4 instruments, none of which is a fiddle. I haven't yet checked the mixer controls for this tune. As I said, the style demo and the Realtracks sound very different.

I am still reading BIAB PDF documentation, and the problem may be resulting from my ignorance. But shouldn't the RealTrack "CRELBZK" on my system sound like the demo ? Do I have to change anything to get my RealTrack to sound like the demo ? I am confused. I heard the Style demo, then checked and saw I had that RealTrack. I can't purchase what I already have.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - Realtrack Question - 01/23/15 08:20 PM
First of all, the style is "_CRELBZK" (the initial underline is important for the name).

I presume you chose the demo, "_CRELBZK Demo (Star of Munster - reel.MGU". There are two demo files. The first one contains a melody track, which is a fiddle; the second one just demonstrates the style without the melody track.

It doesn't play the fiddle, because the fiddle is the melody track, which is not part of the style itself. And it appears to be one of the "artist" performance tracks.

The style itself contains all the instruments except the melody and soloist track.
© PG Music Forums