PG Music Home
Posted By: perdido Simple User BIAB Questions - 02/18/15 03:25 PM
1. What type of file is a file with filename extension ".SGN" ?

2. A tune will be playing, then suddenly stop for a brief period, then start playing again. Occurrence is random. Some time back I think I saw a post that mentioned this problem.

3. At times, a tune will play the designated number of times, and without me doing anything, start playing again. I was using the "next tune" option to go from tune-to-tune.

Before I posted this I searched documentation, the FAQ, and few other places but couldn't find any information.

Thanks in advance for your assistance -
Posted By: jford Re: Simple User BIAB Questions - 02/18/15 03:45 PM
Answer to question #1: When BIAB first came out, there were only a handful of built-in styles available (and they are the ones that start with ZZ in the main part of the name). They were lettered "A" through "I don't remember the last letter". So when you saved a songfile that used style "N", the extension was "SGN". If you saved a song with style "B", the extension was "SGB".

Once more styles became available, they started changing over to using "U" (for User style, although at the time, this included new styles created by PGMusic). That's why most BIAB file end in "SGU" now (or "MGU" if there is a melody or soloist track in it). It really is a legacy thing, and there is an option to save all files as "SGU".
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Simple User BIAB Questions - 02/18/15 04:34 PM
Re: Number 2:
Is this stop/start repeatable at the same bar?
Are there other programs running at the same time that could hog resources?
If you run task manager, are there spikes in CPU load at the time the problem occurs?
Posted By: Dave Re: Simple User BIAB Questions - 02/18/15 06:26 PM
Do you have the loop box checked. This will couse a song to repeat from the beginning
© PG Music Forums