PG Music Home
Posted By: GerHo Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 01:04 PM
Hello everybody!

Have Band in a Box 2015 Mega Pack for PC.

As a midi controller I use M-Audio Oxygen 49th

However, I can not do it any Midi sounds of Band in a Box
to play. Hear nothing! It does also not in the chord input on this keyboard.

What am I doing wrong, because I do not hear any sounds from the keyboard?

Greeting Gerry

Attached picture midi-set-up.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 01:11 PM
I see you are using ASIO.

I presume you can hear something if you playback a BIAB song?

Do you hear anything if you play along while a BIAB song is playing?

If the above is the case, you should probably set the ASIO driver to "Always On", otherwise, it activates only while playing or recording a song.

Have you also checked on your Oxygen controller that it is set to output to your computer?

Don't know if this helps, but it's worth the few seconds it takes to check it out.
Posted By: GerHo Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 01:41 PM
Hello There!

It's so that my Steinberg ASIO works everywhere, in Cubase, Mixcraft, Samplitude, etc.
Yes, I can hear everything if belt runs in a Box song,. Style, Midi, and Real Drum

Only with the M-Audio keyboard controller that works in any DAW I hear nothing.
Greeting Gerry
Posted By: jford Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 03:19 PM
Unless someone else offers something, I'll look more closely into it this evening after work.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: GerHo
Hello There!
Only with the M-Audio keyboard controller that works in any DAW I hear nothing.
Greeting Gerry

Much the subject of difficulties over the years. You need to get all the drivers in order, then you need to be standing on your head while you play and if you are lucky it will work half the time. crazy
Posted By: jford Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/20/15 11:00 PM
While it shouldn't affect it, try setting your MIDI output to something other than the Microsoft GS Wavetable (maybe back to your keyboard). The DXi/VSTi checkbox will re-route the signal, so it doesn't actually go back to your controller.

Additionally, the Send MIDI Thru to... setting isn't active when using ASIO, only MME.

If nothing else works, I would (as mentioned above) make sure all my drivers are up to date.

I would also try using the MME driver just to see if the keyboard controller data is coming through and making sound. Then try switching back to ASIO.

You might also play with your ASIO buffer settings. I don't know which audio driver you are using, but noticed you are set for zero latency (which is not necessarily wrong, but you still may want to play with those settings some).

My M-Audio FastTrack Pro, using 500ms buffer size, gives me a 23 ms latency. I could go lower, but I find I sometimes get dropouts and crackle. It definitely doesn't go to zero (but yours may be fine there).

Also, make sure your thru track isn't muted and the track playback volume is set properly.

Otherwise, unless someone else can offer something, you might want to do live chat with the PGMusic folks.
Posted By: GerHo Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/21/15 07:44 AM
I use the Steinberg UR 44 audio interface that is also the Asio driver.

Thanks'll try everything they have proposed me

Greeting Gerry
Posted By: GerHo Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/21/15 10:14 AM
Hello John!

With ASIO driver to "Always On" since the problem was.
Now it works great. Thanks for the tip !!!

Can you tell me to say I like the sound change. Currently only sounds piano sound with the external midi controller.

Gerry
Posted By: jford Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/21/15 01:10 PM
So glad it works for you.

To change the instrument sound, you need to change the instrument for the Thru track. You can do that on the mixer window, but you will first need to hit the little "Thru" down arrow to display that tracks. Then you can make changes.

However, I you record something to the melody track, you must also change the instrument on the melody track to the same as the thru track if you wish to have the recording sound the same.
Posted By: GerHo Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/21/15 04:48 PM
Hi John!

You can hear the midi controller, but if I want to enter a chord on the keyboard in Band in a Box, do not work that way. Although I hear the chords I press

Gerry
Posted By: jford Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/21/15 06:35 PM
How are you trying to enter chords? I presume you are wanting to use the keyboard to play the chord and then have that chord show up on the chord grid. To enter the chord, you have to press CTRL-ENTER to put the chord on the chord grid.

You can also select "Window, MIDI Chord Detection", which will bring up an interface to display the chord you played, along with alternate chords that may also match.
Posted By: GerHo Re: Great Midi Problem ??? - 07/22/15 04:35 AM
Hello John!

Thanks, now works with the chords also super.

You've helped me a lot. Thank You.

If you have time tell me create the thing with the User Tracks.
With Midi and Audio

Greeting Gerry
© PG Music Forums