PG Music Home
I am trying to print out a lead sheet (chords only) in Roman Numeral format. In the notation window, I see exactly what I want (IIm7, V7 etc, all being in a large font). However, when I go to File, Print song.,,,, and preview the graphics, the display changes so that the Roman numeral is still in a large font but the Arabic numbers are very small superscripts, which are hard to read.

Is there a way to set this up so that the Arabic numbers are the same font size, and not superscripts?

Thanks,

Ed
Hi Ed,

Since reading your posting a couple of days ago, I've been playing around with the Roman Numeral format (and the Nashville format) but I cannot get the superscripts in either style to print larger while keeping the base chord font the same size. I suspect that this is part of the programming of BIAB. Maybe it's a good idea to add your thoughts to the BIAB wishlist.

Regards,
Noel
Quote:

Maybe it's a good idea to add your thoughts to the BIAB wishlist.

This effect looks more like a bug to me - not necessarily an item for the wishlist. I can't think of any reasonable underpinning why those superscripts should be any smaller for Roman numerals than for standard chord symbols.
Noel, Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and reply.

I have had a series of emails with BIAB Tech Support. Here is their conclusion:

"Unfortunately, there is no way to do what you are trying to do. This is just the way that Band-in-a-Box prints and displays lead sheets."

Workarounds I have found:

1. Save lyrics (including chords) to text file, print that.

Drawback: You lose the grid. The chord symbols are saved OK, but they are not displayed in the proper structure.

2. Do a screen print, paste into a word processing document, use the photo editor to delete the extraneous material (everything other than the chord grid.

Drawback: Tedious, a bit ugly.

Seems like a bug to me!

Thanks again for your replies.

Ed
Hi. I consider this a critical issue to fix.

As it is, we can't print out readable charts in Roman Numeral format, and that is truly unfortunate!

Likewise for the Nashville notation.

These "key neutral" notations are a very powerful tool for learning and I would see it as fully consistent with the educational aspect of BIAB to be able to print high-quality readable charts in both of these notations.

© PG Music Forums