PG Music Home
I have a few Realstyles where some of the instruments are showing "N/A"
For instance, RBILYFX does not have the acoustic bass included. (I never could understand why BiaB provide only part of a style)
My question is whether I can take a Bass from an existing Realstyles or Midi style and insert into my missing realtrack. Always providing that the time signature matches.

Having (hopefully) found a solution, my next question would be, How Do They Do That, to quote the tv show ?

Al

BIAB 2015 (417)
Hi Al,

Videos are found here...

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Have a look at the one I've highlighted below. This will show you how to add a bass Realtrack to the Bass track.

Once you've done that, have a look at the video highlighted below and it will show you how to save your tracks as a Realstyle so you can use it again.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Hi Noel,
Thanks for the fast response.
I got part of the way there, but maybe I didn't explain it properly.

In the example I quoted above, the Bass track is showing N/A. So what I would like to do is extract a midi bass track from a similar midi style and insert it into the RealStyle and save as a user style.

I am sure I could find a suitable midi style to extract the bass part to include into the non-existent track in my Realstyle.

I am not even sure this can be done, but it seems it could be a useful function where user have not purchased the whole packs available.

Al
Hi Al,

In your original question, you asked about using the bass from either a Realstyle or a midi style. What I've outlined above will let you substitute another bass Realtrack for the missing one (that is, a bass from a Realstyle). You can then save your new style as a user Realstyle.

In relation to the midi style, this may or may not work easily. It can certainly be done but I will have to play around with it a bit to see if it works or if adjustments need to be made. I'll have a look at the rockabilly style RBILYFX that you refer to and get back to you. Unfortunately, I won't get to your problem again for another couple of days. Also, solving you problem is made a little harder because I don't know exactly what you have available in your version of the program.

In the meantime, try what I've suggested above and see if you can find another bass Realtrack that you can put in place of the missing one.

Regards,
Noel

"So what I would like to do is extract a midi bass track from a similar midi style and insert it into the RealStyle and save as a user style."

On the same page Noel references is a video; "Selecting a specific MIDI track" that provides instructions that shows how to do what you are looking for.

Then view the video Noel references on how to save that as a new style.
Hi guys,
Thanks for the most useful info and as a result I am part the way there.

The only problem is that when I chose a track from another style and if that track happens to be a Sample Tank 2 file, it doesn't play! Or rather it appears to be playing from the VU meter in the mixer panel, but no sound is produced.

Any ideas guys?

AL
Originally Posted By: ovation99

The only problem is that when I chose a track from another style and if that track happens to be a Sample Tank 2 file, it doesn't play! Or rather it appears to be playing from the VU meter in the mixer panel, but no sound is produced.

Any ideas guys?

AL

+1 on that. Thats why I gave up on Sampletank!!!
Ian
© PG Music Forums