PG Music Home
Have you created a MIDI file in Band-in-a-Box that you'd like to turn in to a Style? With the Style Wizard in Band-in-a-Box for Windows, you can!

The Style Wizard allows you to quickly make your own simple or advanced styles from a standard MIDI file - without requiring any knowledge of the StyleMaker! Novice users will appreciate the automated option that "does everything" to make the style while advanced users will appreciate the custom options to control which bars from the MIDI file are included in the style, how many pattern variations, and more.

Watch the support video here: youtu.be/3TkfXtYYsgU
Interesting, thanks for the video tip.

DE
The MIDI Style Maker and Style Wizard are where the sorcery of BIAB resided before the advent of Real Tracks. They're still there, and they're just as powerful as they ever were. For those who work primarily in MIDI, as I do, this is a Big Deal.

Richard
Great, thank you!
And for a bass line or a phrase?
Is it possible to create for example a bar with some bass notes in C and expect Biab to transpose them when you change chord or key and integrate them as a custom bass midi?
Looks interesting. Especially for creating very simple contemporary patterns for bass, keyboards etc. Can you easily mix these midi styles with Realtracks? I guess so, as some BIAB styles are mixed midi and Realtracks.
Quote:
Can you easily mix these midi styles with Realtracks?

The MIDI style you create functions just like any MIDI style provided by PGMusic. So you can overlay RealTracks on various tracks, or you can select a specific track from the MIDI style to overly a completely different style. All the style rules apply, whether you create it or PGMusic creates it.
I was heavy into making pure piano music last year. There was not much pure piano styles to find, so I decided to explore the style maker to make my own, or transform any other midi style to pure piano styles. And then suddenly I had a pile of styles to chose from. It's SO easy to make any style to pure piano styles. IN this way I was able to create a lot of piano songs, without even know how to play good piano my self....;) The styles, combined, especially with the soloist, created some, in my ear, stunning piano pieces... Especially in the classical styles and jazz styles.
Hello. I have a midi file with over 124 bars. How can I figure out how to make the A subset and B subset? I tried to set them based on the verse (a subset) and the chorus (b subset) at the correct bar start but it is not working. Also my drums are not correct either. They go from the verse bar back to the chorus bar track and sound off. I checked out a lot of YouTube tutorials and read the help manual but am still confused. I appreciate your help as I need this for a college project. Thank you smile
The Style Wizard in Band-in-a-Box for Windows is really a GREAT feature.

So, each user can make its own MIDI styles, especially for styles that PG Music don't offer.

I've done dozens and dozens of user MIDI styles/Multistyles and all works fine (styles and stylepicker).

Using pro MIDI files and a good sound expander, you can approach the result of RealTracks. You can also record in live your patterns.

The advantage is after hearing the style in different song situations, you can tweak it (by editing notes, velocity, expression, fills, patterns for a specific chord, specific bass patterns,...). So, the style becomes better and better and it fits our own music ideas.
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
I was heavy into making pure piano music last year. There was not much pure piano styles to find, so I decided to explore the style maker to make my own, or transform any other midi style to pure piano styles. And then suddenly I had a pile of styles to chose from. It's SO easy to make any style to pure piano styles. IN this way I was able to create a lot of piano songs, without even know how to play good piano my self....;) The styles, combined, especially with the soloist, created some, in my ear, stunning piano pieces... Especially in the classical styles and jazz styles.

What is pure piano music?

Is there anything equivalent to this on the Mac? I just purchased Band-in-a-Box 2020 UltraPak for Mac and I am looking for a very simple style that only plays basic triads and only once per chord entry. Since there is no link to Cubase's chord track and Band-in-a-Box VST plug-in I am trying to avoid entering in chords twice and want to just pull the MIDI out and have Cubase make the chord track based on the chords that Band-in-a-Box VST plug-in generates. If there is already a style that does this I would love to know about it!
Originally Posted By: skillet

Is there anything equivalent to this on the Mac?

The StyleMaker was recently added to the 2020 Mac version. You need to install build 410:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build410.pkg
© PG Music Forums