PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike Dickinson jbridge? - 09/28/15 01:12 PM
This has probably been answered but here goes.
I bought and downloaded jbridge as I'm running 64 bit win 7 but I've no idea how to use it.
help please:0)
Posted By: jford Re: jbridge? - 09/28/15 01:41 PM
If you purchased jbridge, then you should have gone to the web site and requested a copy of the latest version. That will be emailed to you based on your license credentials when you registered your purchase with jbridge. If you just downloaded it from the jbridge web site, that is just an eval version, not the licensed version.

Anyway, once you get the file via email, it's going to be in 7-zip format (it has a 7z extension). You'll need to extract the contents of that file to your hard drive using WinZip or 7-Zip (which is free); I don't think Windows zip extraction works for 7z files. Anyway, that will result in another file in ZIP format. You will need to extract again, using either WinZip, 7-Zip, or Windows. That will give you an executable (.exe) file.

By the way, when it asks you for a password, use the password contained in the email you receive.

Double click on the executable file to install jbridge. Once jbridge is finished installing, you can now select 64-bit VST/VSTi's in BIAB/RealBand and they will work. If you already have the same named 32-bit version of a VST/VSTi installed, you should remove it first, then select the 64-bit VST/VSTi.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: jbridge? - 09/28/15 02:22 PM
Hello Mike,

If you're wondering how to use jBridge with Band-in-a-Box, we have a page with information (and a video!) here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm
© PG Music Forums