PG Music Home
Posted By: RTHjazzguit One beat chords? - 11/11/15 01:56 PM
Hi everyone!
Any idea how to create a one beat/three beat harmonic rhythm in BiaB 2013? I want a simple C for 1 beat and G7 for 3 beats for one measure at the end of a section in 4/4 time... can't find anything in the "Help" section.
Thanks!
Posted By: pedwards2932 Re: One beat chords? - 11/11/15 02:24 PM
Not sure if this is correct but on the first chord entry use "C,G7" then the second section "G7,G7" that would put the chords each on a single beat. The comma allows you to enter a chord on each beat. Not as sure that BIAB would play them I think it would depend on the style.
Posted By: RTHjazzguit Re: One beat chords? - 11/11/15 02:41 PM
Perfect! That's it! Thank you so much!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: One beat chords? - 11/11/15 04:18 PM
Further, if you put just the C,G7 you will get the G7 carrying on into beats 3 and 4 anyway. You don't need to put anything in the second cell of that measure.

You might also consider using a shot to emphasize beat one: C..,G7
Posted By: pedwards2932 Re: One beat chords? - 11/11/15 06:07 PM
Will it play the G7 on each beat that way or does this depend on the style? This is the part I'm not totally getting, how would you get it to play the chord say on a guitar each beat a single strum?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: One beat chords? - 11/11/15 08:01 PM
No, it probably would not.

I think if I wanted a strum on each beat, I would indeed put the chord on each beat as you suggested. I might even experiment with putting a shot on (Grant Green?) each beat, freeze the track, then take the shots off for the other tracks.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: One beat chords? - 11/13/15 04:24 PM
If for some reason it skips a beat, try using a push/shot in the chord settings on the chords.

Trax
© PG Music Forums