PG Music Home
These days it seems like you can take anything with you, pretty much anywhere! Why not take your Band-in-a-Box with you too?

We offer three different portable versions of Band-in-a-Box. That's right - portable! We pre-installed hard drives with either the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Just plug in the drive and you're ready to play... plus, even though the drive is ready to play when you receive it, you can copy the items to your computer hard drive and run the program from there if you'd like - then the hard drive is your back-up!
it seems to me some fonts need to be installed for correct notation...isnt it?
Hi Rodion - Yes, there is a *teeny* installation required. Our FAQ states:

Run Band-in-a-Box directly from the USB drive only. This allows you to use the hard drive "as is" and run the programs from it. It requires very little free disk space on your internal hard drive. Setup will install and register the PG Music notation fonts, VSC-DXi synth, VSC-VST synth, and PG Music DirectX audio plugins on your computer, but will not install Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, RealTracks, or RealDrums on your computer's internal hard drive. You can use the programs as they are, pre-installed on the USB drive. There are shortcuts to run Band-in-a-Box and RealBand on the root level of the hard drive. Any additional programs and shortcuts are located in the "PGMusic" folder.

More info... http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq37.htm#163
Callie
does that mean Sampletank Hi-Q sounds are immediately available or do I still have to go through the awful process of registering them and trying to get them to work?
Ian
sixchannel - I spoke with someone in our Tech department, and:

The option to select Hi-Q midi synth patch is in each track menu, just like selecting regular midi patches or RealTracks.
(there's a video about this, based on an older version of BB, here: youtu.be/ApdQ2nkwObY)

When going through the installation for Band-in-a-Box, make sure that the Sampletank checkbox is checked.

Of course, if you are wanting to open the Sampletank interface you will still have to go through the registration of that program.
If you copy all audio files from an Audiofile version External disc as I understand it all WAV files get converted to WMA!

Re F
© PG Music Forums