PG Music Home
Posted By: Aubrey Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/05/15 08:46 PM
Hi,
I ordered the BIAB 2016 Audiophile upgrade a few days ago and I am looking forward to receiving my new Realtrack packed hard drive any day now. I have a few question about the 49 PAK though and specifically the Realtracks contained therein.

1) Will these bonus Realtracks come pre-installed on my new hard drive along with the rest of the Audiophile realtracks or do I have to download them? I am pretty sure that I should have got some bonus realtracks with the 2015 upgrade last year but looking now they are not on the Audiophile drive so I guess that I should have downloaded them?

2) Also what happens to the realtracks from the 49 PAKs of prior BIAB versions when a new version of BIAB gets released? Do they get rolled into the base set of Realtracks for that new release or are they permanently separated from the core product? (meaning that nobody can ever get access to purchase them again as each bonus track set is only ever offered during the special offer launch period for a new release - this would seem to be a waste).

3) Finally do I just install the bonus realtracks into the main BIAB realtracks directory? I tend to wipe this main realtracks directory and reinstall it with each new version that I buy but if it contains Bonus Realtracks that won't be re-delivered again then I will have to rethink this strategy (maybe keep a separate directory with a copy of all the Bonus Realtracks and recopy that in to the main directory each release?).

If anyone can shed any light on any of the above I would be most grateful.

BTW I am absolutely stoked by the range and quality of the new Realtracks in BIAB 2016 - the demos sound amazing! Well done all at PG Music!

Regards, Aubrey
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/05/15 09:00 PM
Hi Aubrey,

Firstly, please be aware that I'm not PG Music staff and that I'm only answering these from my experience.

Quote:
1) Will these bonus Realtracks come pre-installed on my new hard drive along with the rest of the Audiophile realtracks or do I have to download them? I am pretty sure that I should have got some bonus realtracks with the 2015 upgrade last year but looking now they are not on the Audiophile drive so I guess that I should have downloaded them?

Whenever I've bought USB drive versions of BIAB, Bonus Paks have always been extra and not included. This makes sense to me given that they are a separate purchase.

Quote:
2) Also what happens to the realtracks from the 49 PAKs of prior BIAB versions when a new version of BIAB gets released? Do they get rolled into the base set of Realtracks for that new release or are they permanently separated from the core product? (meaning that nobody can ever get access to purchase them again as each bonus track set is only ever offered during the special offer launch period for a new release - this would seem to be a waste).

Often, resources that come on Bonus Paks are a once-off purchase and not available again (in the immediate future at least). This would sometimes seem to be due to the fact that the material is sold with limited copyright. For example, a musician who created a particular Realtrack or Supermidi track only gave permission for it to be used in the limited scope of the Bonus Pak.

It is because of the above that I ALWAYS install new versions of BIAB over the top of existing versions. I then make a backup of my new \bb and \Realband folders onto a USB drive. This way I get to keep all bonus material I've bought and I can get it back if my computer crashes.

Quote:
3) Finally do I just install the bonus realtracks into the main BIAB realtracks directory? I tend to wipe this main realtracks directory and reinstall it with each new version that I buy but if it contains Bonus Realtracks that won't be re-delivered again then I will have to rethink this strategy (maybe keep a separate directory with a copy of all the Bonus Realtracks and recopy that in to the main directory each release?).

See above... I always install over the top of existing installations. I've been doing this since 2006.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/05/15 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Aubrey
Hi,
I ordered the BIAB 2016 Audiophile upgrade a few days ago and I am looking forward to receiving my new Realtrack packed hard drive any day now. I have a few question about the 49 PAK though and specifically the Realtracks contained therein.

In the past 49 bonus PAK must be ordered in addition to the upgrade so you may want to verify with Sales that the 49 PAK was ordered with the Audiophile upgrade.

2) Also what happens to the realtracks from the 49 PAKs of prior BIAB versions when a new version of BIAB gets released? Do they get rolled into the base set of Realtracks for that new release or are they permanently separated from the core product? (meaning that nobody can ever get access to purchase them again as each bonus track set is only ever offered during the special offer launch period for a new release - this would seem to be a waste). On my computer bonus material shows up under the Bonus PAK heading and is intergrated with the rest of the material.

3) Finally do I just install the bonus realtracks into the main BIAB realtracks directory? I tend to wipe this main realtracks directory Not a good idea! Most people update the new over the old so they don't lose bonus material from past years.and reinstall it with each new version that I buy but if it contains Bonus Realtracks that won't be re-delivered again then I will have to rethink this strategy (maybe keep a separate directory with a copy of all the Bonus Realtracks and recopy that in to the main directory each release?).

If anyone can shed any light on any of the above I would be most grateful.

BTW I am absolutely stoked by the range and quality of the new Realtracks in BIAB 2016 - the demos sound amazing! Well done all at PG Music!

Regards, Aubrey
Posted By: pax-eterna Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/05/15 09:31 PM
if you go to style picker and sort by date, you will set all the 2016 new styles (well they show as 2015/6 IIRC) and it also lists where they come from. In the case of the bonus 49 they show as coming from the pack. assuming it has been installed smile
Posted By: Aubrey Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/05/15 10:57 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. They are along the lines I expected and I guess that I am going to have to rethink my strategy for installation of updates.

Many thanks, Aubrey
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/06/15 01:07 AM
There is a dedicated item on the new style picker to show 2016 styles only. Then you can sort by styles set, and see the bonus sets ones in the top.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/06/15 03:30 AM
Hi,

If you also paid for the 49 PAK, it would make sense that it would be included on your Adudiophile version.

JMHO smile
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/06/15 04:12 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
There is a dedicated item on the new style picker to show 2016 styles only. Then you can sort by styles set, and see the bonus sets ones in the top.
That is awesome! Thanks Peter! I am gonna wanna play with the 2016 RealTracks and this will help!!!
Posted By: Don L Turner Re: Accessing the 49 PAK Realtracks - 12/06/15 10:51 AM

I asked this specific question when I ordered my upgrade from BIAB 2015 Audiophile to BIAB 2016 Audiophile. The answer was that, if you order the 49pak bonus pack, the realtracks will be on the disk when you receive it.
© PG Music Forums